Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Vising Portland & Seattle- Seeking suggestions fro those in the know

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
evanlee19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Vising Portland & Seattle- Seeking suggestions fro those in the know

Me and the Mrs. are planning a visit to Portland and Seattle, and knew this was the place to get some suggestions about what breweries and brew pubs to visit.

We are going to be there during the Bones & Brews Festival in Portland and plan on checking that out. What are the can't miss spots?

Thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
H-ost
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 108

As far as seattle goes, there is a list started here http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f185/sea...weries-320346/

Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
roymullins
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

don't bother going to Portscum... I mean Portland... it is a hole- head on up to Seattle and visit a real city...

Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
t-roy
Recipes 

Holy Portland hater!!! Portland is great, we have lots o small brew pubs but here are my faves and some quick tips!!

Hopworks -SE- solid beers and awesome hot wings, great happy hour
Tugboat Brewery -SW- heart of downtown, smallest in brewery in the city and right accross from::::
Bailey's Taproom -SW- tons of taps, you can get food from the nearby food carts and bring it inside
Cascadian -SE- sour, sour and more sour beer.
Upright Brewing -N- all open fermentation, super cool atmosphere.
Green Dragon -SE- one of Rogue's 3 (I think) in town, this is the Buckman Brewery and always has some really great booze on tap.

I live in SW so I (unfortunately) stay on my side of the river most of the time. Although I am getting the urge to venture out tonight!!
Hit me up if you need help navigating. This is my favorite place to eat and drink, there are no shortages of good times in OR.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

McMenamins are worth visiting. Most of them are converted hotels, schools, churches, etc. If either of you likes raspberry in your beer, the Ruby Wheat is excellent.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 06-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
roymullins
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Oregon is a fantastic state... great places- beautiful coast- great fly fishing, outstanding beers- (Deschutes, Ninkasa...) but...

Portland is a scum hole, a pit, a pathetic ugly blight on the entire northwest... what beers there might be hidden in that nasty hole are not worth venturing into for because you will have to weed through all the bigots, drug runners, pediphiles (like the mayor), homelessness, blazer and timbers "fans" and other members representive or the scourge of society...

visit Oregon- dig it and enjoy it- just stay away from portscum...

Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
Broham1
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlee19
Me and the Mrs. are planning a visit to Portland and Seattle, and knew this was the place to get some suggestions about what breweries and brew pubs to visit.

We are going to be there during the Bones & Brews Festival in Portland and plan on checking that out. What are the can't miss spots?

Thanks in advance
I would add Saraveza and Prost, if you venture NE at all.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
lgilmore
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 145

Where in Washington are you going to be? North or South, East or West of Seattle? What are looking for as well? Up in my neck of the woods (north of Seattle) There's Scuttlebutts brewpub with a terrific happy hour on the Everett waterfront. Farther north there's Scookum brewery out on a mini Farm where the guy has some good brews and draws a couple hundred people to his barn for Beers. You can find both on the net. Both are a good time in different ways.

I second Mcmennimans too. great burgers and beer in a lot of places in both Wa and Or.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Spending the week in Portland. Looking for stuff to do. Actually spent the last week here as well... Went to Green Dragon, Tugboat, A couple mcmenamins, Deschutes, Cascade (favorite thus far), Full sail, Lucky Labrador, BridgePort. On the list still: Hair of the dog, Breakside, Columbia River, Hopworks, Laurelwood, and Widmer. Any suggestions would be appreciated (they don't even need to be beer related LOL) Thanks.

BJCP A0936 Certified Beer Judge and Mead Judge
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
Malty Dogs Homebrew Club
AHA Forums "dkfick"

Old 07-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Just went to Broadway brewery. They were rude, had bad food, and mediocre beer at best.... I would avoid...

BJCP A0936 Certified Beer Judge and Mead Judge
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
Malty Dogs Homebrew Club
AHA Forums "dkfick"

Quick Reply