Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Oregonians HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Magnanamous
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Oregonians HELP!

I'm off to see me mum in Eugene in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there were any new "can't miss" brew pubs in the area. I lived in Portland for a number of years (got my first degree at PSU!) but probably wont be spending more than a day there. I usually tour the locally wineries but would love to see a new brewpub (something other than Steelhead...). I will go to Mcmennamins for old time sake. So, those familiar with Eugene I'm all ears.

"An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do."

-Dylan Thomas

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Kittyfeet
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Hope this isn't too late, but there are tons of great brewpubs in Eugene. I don't make it there much, but google maps knows right where they are.

Rogue is worth a check out, and probably Ninkasi, although I haven't been to that one.

brewpub near:eugene or - Google Maps

Old 11-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
BenjaminBier
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 14

figure you're probs there for Thanksgiving. If they're open you do want to check out Ninkasi as well as Oakshire which has an excellent garden. Head over to Springfield to visit Hop Valley for a chat with the local home brewers turned pro brewers. Cruise Sixteen Tons on 13th and maybe you can sneak a drink of their house brew Frederick's Lost Arm. Lastly you're in for a treat if you check out Izakaya Meiji Company on Van Buren for a pairing of american macro lager with rare japanese whiskey and brandy.

Enjoy!

pandas are bears

Old 12-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Magnanamous
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks guys for the information. I'm currently sitting at the anchor steam joint in san fancisco on layover. I'll try to hit all the suggested spots and report back on a week or so. I appreciate the feedback!

"An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do."

-Dylan Thomas

Quick Reply