Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Oregon Spring Beer and Wine Fest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #11
Sea
Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Didn't mean to over-react; I'm not used to the city style. It's just that down here in SO OR, there are a lot of beer and wine tastings, smaller festivals and such that are free or very cheap, which always made more sense to me from an advertising/promotional standpoint. I'm happy to pay a quality brewer well for his/her hard work.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

What I find really weird: You can only get beer with tokens in an official glass, but the winos DON'T have to buy a glass and the wineries can give away samples, sell for cash or tokens!

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
Joker

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sorry for the late respone I have been slammed at work lately. You just volunteer for a time slot, they request you get there a half hour early, and I assume I get my work assignment then.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
ShortSnoutBrewing
Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was a pourer for the Spring Fest...oh...6 or 7 years ago when it was out at the expo center. At first I was a little upset that I got the last slot on the last day, but it turned out to be the right choice. I was pouring for New Belgium and I got a sweet Fat Tire canvas banner out of the deal!

Quick Reply