Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Oregon Brewers Festival 7/23-26/2009

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1102 Times on 831 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Default Oregon Brewers Festival 7/23-26/2009

Is anyone going? I will be there with a pretty big group this year...It is always a blast with good beer food and music. Here is the fact sheet:

Event Name
22nd Annual Oregon Brewers Festival

Venue
Tom McCall Waterfront Park, Portland, Oregon Main entrance at S.W. Oak Street and Naito Parkway

Dates
July 23, 24, 25 & 26, 2009 — "Always the last full weekend in July"

Times
Thurs through Sat, taps are open from Noon to 9 p.m.
Sun, taps are open from Noon to 7 p.m.
Token & mug sales cease one-half hour prior to the taps closing

Admission
Admission into the festival grounds if free. In order to consume beer at the OBF, you must purchase a taster package. Taster packages are available in $10, $20 and $50 increments. All packages include a 2009 souvenir mug, which is required for consuming beer (mugs from previous years will not be filled); a souvenir program that includes a map of where the beers are located onsite; and various quantities of tokens, which are used to purchase beer. Patrons pay four tokens for a full mug of beer, or one token for a taste. Additional tokens may be purchased at $1 apiece.
$10 package: one mug, one program, four tokens
$20 package: one mug, one program, 14 tokens
$50 package: two mugs, two programs, 38 tokens

Description
The Oregon Brewers Festival is one of the nation's longest running and best loved craft beer festivals. Situated on the west bank of the Willamette River, with towering Mt. Hood as a backdrop, it is the ideal venue for anyone who loves craft beer. With a laid back attitude and scores of award-winning beers, the festival reflects the essence of the city of Portland.

The Oregon Brewers Festival exists to provide an opportunity to sample and learn about a variety of craft beer styles from across the country. Eighty craft breweries from all parts of the nation offer handcrafted brews to 70,000 beer lovers during the four-day event.

The festival's focus is craft beer, but there's more than sampling involved. The event features live music all four days, beer-related vendors, beer memorabilia displays, beer writers and publishers, hop growers, homebrewing demonstrations, and an assortment of foods from a variety of regions. The Crater Lake Root Beer Garden offers complimentary handcrafted root beer for minors and designated drivers. Minors are always welcome at the festival when accompanied by a parent.

The Oregon Brewers Festival strongly encourages responsible drinking, and urges patrons to take advantage of the MAX Light Rail line, located just one block west of the festival on SW Oak Street. Go by bus, train or taxi, just don't drink and drive. The festival also offers free, on-site bicycle parking.

The Oregon Brewers Dinner, a ticketed event, is held on July 22; the Oregon Brewers Brunch & Parade, the official kick off to the festival, occurs the morning of July 23.

Contact Information
Oregon Brewers Festival 2009 or 503.778.5917

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Bokonon
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'm going to be in Portland that weekend, but will probably only be dropping by the festival for a few hours when we have some free time. Some family is flying out and we're going to meet up in Portland for a long weekend.

I'm pretty certain that Don (Brewtopia) will be there

Old 07-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
ShortSnoutBrewing
Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I plan to be, but you won't catch me there after Friday night. It's just too much and impossible to really have a good time.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:46 AM   #4
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

I'll be there. Coming down on Thursday, leaving Sunday. I'll be at the festival early on Thursday, skip Friday, as Kilted Brewer mentioned, just way to crowded. Rest of the weekend will consist of pub crawls and brewer's parties. Always a great time!

Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
Beernik
Recipes 

Liked 257 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I went last year. We were heading to Depoe Bay and stopped in Portland to visit a friend. Just happened to be one of the days of the festival.

Great beer.

On deck: Barleywine, Belgain Golden Ale, Hazelnut Sweet Stout, IRA, Wit, Uinta Hazel Clone, Uinta Yard Sale Clone.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 125 Posts

Most likely, barring any problems with the dental on Monday and jury duty Tuesday.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
freddyk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am going for sure. The key is to get there Thursday at noon. By the time the crowd is a problem there is no problem if you know what I mean

Old 07-14-2009, 12:47 AM   #8
M@!
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow talk about bad timing I am heading out to Portland the 17-22.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #9
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If we're going, it'll be before Friday. We went last year on Saturday and it was a cattle call. NOT fun!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 07-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
Joker

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I will most likely hit it for a couple of hours on Thursday.

Quick Reply