Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > McMenamins beer-not so great?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #11
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Had a Porter at John Barleycorn's yesterday & it was well done. Probably the best beer I've had at that location. Nothing special about the property though, it just happens to be a good place to meet my web developer.

I've been to the Hotel Oregon a couple times, but it's too close to Golden Valley, which has better beer, better food and an almost as interesting bar. And a parking lot.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have to say I love the mcmenamins a block away from my house, if only for the reason that I dug eleven 22 oz bombers out of their glass recycling bin!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 05-10-2008, 05:18 AM   #13
ScoutMan

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Got to spend a little time in Portland on business a few weeks back. Went to Alameda (Excellent Stout and Crab Bisque), Laurelwood(decent, but nothing spectacular) Concordia Ale House (best selection I've seen next to the Horse Brass) and the McMenamins Kennedy School. The beer was adequate, but not great. The location was beyond cool. Well worth the stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I see a ripped bag in your future BM :)

Quick Reply