Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Golden Valley - Dream on guys

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 AM   #1
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Default Golden Valley - Dream on guys

Had lunch at my 'home away from home', Golden Valley Brewery in McMinnville. I knew it was about time for Mark's Black Panther RIS to hit the taps and sure enough. Warm and fuzzy as a 100 pound puppy! Over 9% ABV, roasty, strong coffee, NO alcohol heat at all. Amazing. As a bonus, he had his first 2008 batch of Geist Bock out. We had a bit of a talk and he's thinking about a Blueberry Wheat this summer. Looking forward to that.

Lunch was a Prime Rib quesadilla with Chipotale sauce. Went well with the Geist Bock. The Black Panther was dessert.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4481 Times on 3260 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Hmmmmmm. Do I detect a certain "neener neener neener" in that post? I sure hope so, because that's what I would do!

Sounds awesome! I would love to try that RIS. It really sounds great.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

I dig that Geist Bock. One of my faves from the Spring Beer Fest a few years back. Golden Valley produces some excellent beers. We'll have to meet up the next time I head through that way David. My brother lives on the Oregon Coast so we come through at least a couple times a year.

Quick Reply