New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Brew Clubs in Portland, OR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
Ailstock
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm on the West side. Mostly Tigard or Hillsboro and looking for a small homebrew club to join. I was also checking out http://pdxbrewersclub.wordpress.com/ club and thinking of going to their next meeting to check it out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #12
timmy7649
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailstock View Post
I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm on the West side. Mostly Tigard or Hillsboro and looking for a small homebrew club to join. I was also checking out http://pdxbrewersclub.wordpress.com/ club and thinking of going to their next meeting to check it out.
you should come check us out. we are all skill levels and pretty laid back people. plus some really awesome brewers. bring some homebrew and come taste some. hope to see you there.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #13
Diaperload
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Sorry I haven't responded earlier. There seems to be some interest in smaller type clubs.

The last few weeks we have had a larger than normal turn out and it makes brewing tougher when there are 10+ people.

Last weekend we did a 1bbl batch of Hazelnut Stout. I'm looking forward to the finished product.

If anybody would like to come check out our club please send me a PM. We are very informal about guests. With that said, I don't think I would be comfortable with just throwing out a blank invitation for 50 people to show up. I'm thinking if someone is interested he/she should PM me so we can set up a Sunday.

EDIT: I can't wait to buy a Hillboro Hops hat.

"I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out."

Old 10-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 286 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Have the Hops always existed or are they new? That's an awesome name.

-Retired Homebrewer

Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
Diaperload
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 8

The Hillsboro Hops are the new single A minor league club. They are short season (not sure what that means) and an affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Hillsboro is constructing a new stadium for them.

I think they are filling the void that the Beavers used to fill since the Timbers ousted them from Portland.

I've heard that Milwaukie is also getting a new minor league team. Not sure of their new name or where they will play or where are they are from.

I doubt I'll attend any of the games but show me a baseball team with a hop as a mascot and I'll sure as heck buy one of the hats!

"I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out."

Old 01-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #16
GratefulBrewing
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

I would love to find a brew group. I live in Peru but will be in PDX for 5 months starting March 1st 2014. If anyone has info please email me at gratefulbrewing@gmail.com

Quick Reply