Who wants to try some 10 yr. old Alaskan Smoked Porter? 1/23/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
You'll have the opportunity tomorrow night, Wednesday January 23rd at the Dog & Pony Alehouse in Renton.

I just received the following email from Jeannie McWilliams at Northwest Brewing News.

Alaskan Brewing Co from Juneau, AK will be the featured brewery at a Brewers Night at the Dog and Pony on Wednesday, January 23rd at 7:00 pm. The featured beers will include this year’s Barleywine, this year’s Smoked Porter and IPA on draft. In addition, there will be a vertical tasting of Smoked Porters with the years 1998, 2001 and 2003 (along with the 2007 on draft.) It will be interesting to see how it’s changing. There will also be the usual giveaways. I hope you can make it, I know I will be there!

Jeannie

Damn....

I still have one bottle left, one of the 2005 vintage I believe, that you sent me. I don't think I can wait much longer.... :D

That's one of the best beers I've ever had. From a technical perspective, I'm really curious how much of the smoke flavor and aroma remains after a decade. But DAMN!, I bet that's smooth as hell........

These things always happen at the most inconveinant time for me. Definately let us know how this beer tastes.

I picked up a bottle of Stone Smoked porter a couple days ago, it was a bit cheaper. Going to see how the two compare.

Not invite only. It is open to the public. Come on down.

Tomorrow is the Imperial Rye brew day at Stix so I hope I can get out of there in time to make it down. The brewer's nights at D&P are a lot of fun. There wil also be plenty of opportunity to win T-shirts, glassware, etc.

Since I'm sitting here at work being unproductive, I have a quick question for you Brewtopia.

Is there a one stop website that lists all of the upcoming brewing events in the Seattle area? I'd definately try to make more of these things if I could plan for them?

Thanks and Good Luck on the Imperial IPA.

Originally posted by rabidgerbil
So is that your beer you are brewing at Stix tomorrow?

Yeah. I'm hoping to get an early start. I'll be documenting the event with photos!

Originally posted by McKBrew
Is there a one stop website that lists all of the upcoming brewing events in the Seattle area? I'd definately try to make more of these things if I could plan for them?

I'm not aware of a one stop website with all the info on upcoming events. I have a Wa.B.L. membership and they send out a monthly newsletter that's a pretty good source for info on upcoming events. You can view the newsletter online. Jeannie is great for keeping people informed about events not listed at WaBL.

Thanks for the link to that newsletter. Looks like alot of cool things coming up.

Back