Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > WA State Beerstock 5060 - 3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default WA State Beerstock 5060 - 3

Sat Aug 6th
All day homebrewers festival in the Puyallup, WA area.
Homebrew served all day by local clubs and overnight camping.

WHAT IS BEERSTOCK 5060?:

Beerstock 5060 is a private festival for Wa state home brewers that celebrates the repeal of an old law on the WA books that made it technically illegal to transport and share homebrew except for the purposes of competition. This meant that when you took a growler over to your friends house, or to your homebrew clubs meeting that you were in violation of the law.

WAHA and local home brewers worked hard petitioning the local government to get the law repealed, which happened in July 2009. The event celebrating the repeal of the law was the brainchild of a handful of Northern Puget Sound local home brewers. The event was named Beerstock 5060 for the number of the bill which eventually passed, and for the spirit of that granddaddy of festivals, Woodstock.

In 2009 the first Beerstock 5060 was held as the first, legal get-together of Washington homebrew clubs to taste each other's home brew and talk brewing across home brew club lines. Yes, it's like a homebrew beer fest!

The spirit of this festival continues on an annual basis. All homebrewers or interested brewers are welcome to attend.

This will be the 3rd annual of the event. Last year we had almost 200 attendees and over 80 different beers served. I am the primary information contact for the festival. If you are a WA home brewer, or a homebrewer visiting the area and wish to attend, please contact me for more information.

Cheers

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Last edited by Zen_Brew; 07-21-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Added info

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
djsethall
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Shoot me a PM please

Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
RandomBeerGuy
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 23

PM the details. Maybe I can have something ready.

Click'Clack Drink'Drunk - 99.9 KISW The Mens Room
----------------------------------------------------

Old 03-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hey Random:

This is a summer festival that has been running a few years now in WA. We do not have details for the 2012 event yet. Due to the NHC being local this year, and the extensive time most homebrew clubs will put in this year on the NHC, Beerstock will likely be a greatly scaled back event this year.

At any rate, I wouldn't expect to know any details for a couple months yet.

Cheers

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 03-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
RandomBeerGuy
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Ok, I am brewing for the comference. I am excited for that.

Click'Clack Drink'Drunk - 99.9 KISW The Mens Room
----------------------------------------------------

Quick Reply