Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > Seattle Trip in June.....Must Visit Breweries
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
H-ost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,753
Liked 51 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathin View Post
I've been to Black Raven a few times, their beer is good too ... but no food.
But you can have flying saucer pizza delivered there... I like that part.

Elysian is delicious I just don't know where they are located and I don't know if I have had anything from Elliot bay.
__________________
H-ost is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
DTV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 16
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-ost View Post
But you can have flying saucer pizza delivered there... I like that part.

Elysian is delicious I just don't know where they are located and I don't know if I have had anything from Elliot bay.
There's a couple.. one up on Capitol hill, one down by the stadiums on 1st, and one up in Greenlake. Men's Room.. yumm...
__________________
DTV is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
twinturboa51
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
twinturboa51's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: boston, ma
Posts: 52
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
Does it coincide with the NHC? June 20-24
unfortunately the conference im attending is the 19th to 21st and about 150 miles from Seattle. ill be there from the 15th to 19th then drive to the conference.
__________________
twinturboa51 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #14
H-ost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,753
Liked 51 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboa51 View Post
unfortunately the conference im attending is the 19th to 21st and about 150 miles from Seattle. ill be there from the 15th to 19th then drive to the conference.
What city? there a many breweries in the outskirts.
__________________
H-ost is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
Bobby_M's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ
Posts: 22,191
Liked 1042 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

The 21st is just when the NHC is getting interesting. Seems like a missed opportunity to me... Then again, it's probably really really sold out now.

__________________
BrewHardware.com has a new website. Please check it out and let me know what you think!
New Stainless Steel Heating Elements are IN!
Did you know we are now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?
Bobby_M is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #16
enkamania
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 344
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Pike Street is good.

__________________

Wasn't it a millionaire who said, "Imagine no possessions"?

enkamania is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #17
Fid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 453
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I'd say you should hit Two Beers which is basically in a small warehousing zone in the industrial area south of downtown. Georgetown Brewing is nearby but they only do growler/keg sales and give free tasters (not a place to chill and enjoy a brew). Hale's is literally about 4 blocks from my house, if you go there PM me and I'll buy you a pint!
My favorite place in Seattle still has to be Naked City though. Don (who's HBT handle is Brewtopia) has a small scale brewery in the back and its a top notch tap house. Rotating taps, tons of variety, and delicious food. They've started making their own ice cream from time to time too. Last time I was there they had an ice cream infused with one of their Belgian Beers and bacon mixed in, amazing. As far as I'm concerned the place can do wrong. I make it a point to take every out-of-towner that comes to Seattle to Naked City at least once during their stay.

__________________
Fid is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #18
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Brewtopia's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,307
Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fid View Post
My favorite place in Seattle still has to be Naked City though. Don (who's HBT handle is Brewtopia) has a small scale brewery in the back and its a top notch tap house. Rotating taps, tons of variety, and delicious food. They've started making their own ice cream from time to time too. Last time I was there they had an ice cream infused with one of their Belgian Beers and bacon mixed in, amazing. As far as I'm concerned the place can do wrong. I make it a point to take every out-of-towner that comes to Seattle to Naked City at least once during their stay.
Thanks for the kind words and support Fid! All HBT members, if you come by Naked City, be sure and introduce yourself. I'd be happy to show you around the brewery and buy you a beer! I hope to meet some more fellow HBT'ers in June at NHC
__________________
NAKED CITY BREWERY & TAPHOUSE - OFFICIAL NAKED CITY BEER GEAR
- Naked City Vintage logo gear

Naked City Construction Thread
Brewtopia is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #19
djfriesen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,159
Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

+1 on Naked City. Great food, great atmosphere, and of course, great beer. I've been in a couple times, including a Tuesday night, and the place is packed. Granted, it's on Greenwood around quite a few other bars, but it always seems to be busier than anywhere else. Definitely a must-see, imo.

Another cool place is Pike's. One of the earlier craft breweries in the area, it's located just off the waterfront near the Public Market. They have pretty good beers on tap, they have the brewing equipment strewn about their facility, on different floors, with lots of stuff labeled and explained. Lots of cool memorabilia and beer history on the walls, too.

Oh, and Don, your coaster is sitting on my coffee table and is by far my favorite.

__________________
djfriesen is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
twinturboa51
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
twinturboa51's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: boston, ma
Posts: 52
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtopia View Post
Thanks for the kind words and support Fid! All HBT members, if you come by Naked City, be sure and introduce yourself. I'd be happy to show you around the brewery and buy you a beer! I hope to meet some more fellow HBT'ers in June at NHC
i'll be sure to drop by! thanks!!!
__________________
twinturboa51 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seattle area HB club? Jeromy Washington HomeBrew Forum 3 04-28-2011 04:59 PM
WA Leavenworth bus trip, hurry! 10/3/09 Zen_Brew Washington HomeBrew Forum 2 09-25-2009 05:44 AM
Naked City Presents LagerFest 2009 - June 18-21 Brewtopia Washington HomeBrew Forum 21 06-28-2009 08:39 PM
Tacoma (Ft. Lewis) visit... homebrewer_99 Washington HomeBrew Forum 21 04-16-2009 11:56 PM
Seattle HBT'ers rabidgerbil Washington HomeBrew Forum 1 12-04-2007 10:01 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS