Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > Seattle Area homebrew club?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
homebrewbaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Hi, this is Mark Emiley from the WAHA. We've asked the clubs to submit information on their profiles and only a few really chimed in. I'm going to work on them a bit more this year.

As for "most structured" I'd agree that GEBL and CBG are the most. The Alers have a great club but is a bit more social. I love the North Seattle guys as well. Great dialogues between them and fun meetings. If you are up North, BREW is a great new up and coming club to check out as well.

Anyhow, lots of options!

Cheers,
Mark

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 06:06 AM   #12
lucky13
Recipes 

Thanks for all the pointers guys. See ya at a meeting and if not I'll post for an informal meet and greet for all us straglers sometime.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #13
philrose
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Any impaling alers out there? I think I'm going to check out the next meeting and was wondering what to expect.

Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Old 02-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #14
explosivebeer
Recipes 

Hey Philrose,

I'm an Aler. The meetings are generally very laid-back and social. I'd guess an average meeting has 40-50 people, most of whom bring some homebrew to share and get feedback on. A lot of people also smoke cigars. It's in the back warehouse space so bring a jacket if you come. Definitely say hello if you make it out.

-Brandon

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

Old 02-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #15
schielke
Recipes 

I am a recent member of North Seattle Homebrew Club and have been having a great time at the meetings. Lots of good people and always a great evening tasting different beers. There are usually about 15-25 people and each person brings their latest brew (not a requirement though) to taste. You pretty much say a few words about what you brewed and everybody tastes, there are a few questions/comments and then we move to the next.

The quality of beer is always pretty dang good with some interesting stuff being brewed. If you have never been, you should definitely come, the worst that could happen is that you get some free beer.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
jjwineaux
Recipes 

I know there is an Aler meeting tonight in Kent...I hope I can make it as it would be first as a new member! Prost~!

" I would rather be a good liver than have one..."

Old 05-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #17
explosivebeer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwineaux View Post
I know there is an Aler meeting tonight in Kent...I hope I can make it as it would be first as a new member! Prost~!
I'm going to try to make it tonight but Seattle Beer Week has taken a toll so it's about 50/50 right now. Have fun if you go. I'll keep an eye out for that great Mt. Rainier tattoo if I make it.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #18
Legin
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schielke View Post
I am a recent member of North Seattle Homebrew Club and have been having a great time at the meetings. Lots of good people and always a great evening tasting different beers. There are usually about 15-25 people and each person brings their latest brew (not a requirement though) to taste. You pretty much say a few words about what you brewed and everybody tastes, there are a few questions/comments and then we move to the next.

The quality of beer is always pretty dang good with some interesting stuff being brewed. If you have never been, you should definitely come, the worst that could happen is that you get some free beer.
Sounds cool. Definitely going to try it.

Quick Reply