Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > NHC 2012 SEATTLE - Almost Sold out after 24 hrs | SOLD OUT

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #61
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Brew View Post
Some of the events during the NHC timeframe in Seattle are starting to post. Here is the link in case you are not on the AHA mailing list to receive the notices.

http://www.ahaconference.org/events/...erence-events/

PS. If you scroll through the list you will find Naked City presently listed on at least one event. If you get over there you may get a chance to say Hey to Don, (HBT ID Brewtopia) and he loves meeting HBT'ers.
Cool, I'll have the wife with me and am only doing a social ticket this year because of that. However, I think some of the food related events might actually appeal to her.

I'm also wondering if they are going to do any special events for the non-beer drinking wives/husbands that are tagging along like they did last year in San Diego.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #62
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Glad you'll be making it up to Seattle Shooter. I hadn't heard too much on non-alcohol related events, but it's not a bad question. I'll shoot the question/idea to some of the people making decisions and see what they have to say.

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #63
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Quote:
Glad you'll be making it up to Seattle Shooter. I hadn't heard too much on non-alcohol related events, but it's not a bad question. I'll shoot the question/idea to some of the people making decisions and see what they have to say.
Hey, they don't even have to all be non-alcohol related. She likes wine, just not beer. I know last year they had the winery tour one day. She didn't attend last year, but is coming to this one. Since I'm doing the social ticket, most of my days will be free. So, even I might be up for a little winery action. We have lots of that down in the SF Bay Area, but Washington has a number of good ones as well.

As for making it up there, I grew up out on the Olympic Peninsula west of Port Angeles. So, I'm actually using the trip to visit friends and family as well.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #64
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Looks like there will not be much in the way of non alcohol related events being run by the NHC or WAHA. It is mostly a bandwidth issue as there is so much other stuff being coordinated. However I also understand that they checked in to it a bit and it turns out many of the non alcohol related events did not draw well in San Diego and some apparently were cancelled for lack of participation.

If you think about it, most conferences don't have the bandwidth to go very far outside the conference theme in entertainment options. There is a link from the conference with options on other things to do in the area.
http://www.ahaconference.org/hotel-t...yond-bellevue/

Also if you are from the region you will know about the winery area and tours in the Redmond/Woodinville area. The wineries are getting pretty popular in this area with many of them offering tours and tasting rooms. Several can be hit within close distance of each other and it is not more than maybe 10-15 miles or so from Bellevue. Nothing compared to NAPA of course.
http://www.washingtonwinetours.com/woodinville.html

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #65
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Thanks for the update Zen! I did wonder how attendance was on the events last year. Doesn’t sound like it worked out. I’m sure I can find plenty to do. I’ve got a former co-worker to touch base with up there and a couple of specific stops I want to make over in Seattle. So, there’s one day already. I’m thinking a day at a couple of wineries will make the wife happy and I certainly wouldn’t complain.

As far as Napa, I started going to Sonoma after a while, then when that also started getting busy, I moved on to the Healdsburg area. These days, I drive twenty minutes over to Livermore and discover that there are a number of pretty good wineries right in my backyard.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #66
Soperbrew
Who rated my beer?

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Some of the events during the NHC timeframe in Seattle are starting to post. Here is the link in case you are not on the AHA mailing list to receive the notices.

http://www.ahaconference.org/events/...erence-events/

PS. If you scroll through the list you will find Naked City presently listed on at least one event. If you get over there you may get a chance to say Hey to Don, (HBT ID Brewtopia) and he loves meeting HBT'ers.
I don't get in until about 3:30-4p on Wed. night and was thinking of rounding up some fellow HBTers around 4:30 or 5p and grabbing a small bus or something over to Naked City for supper & a few beers. Anyone interested?

NHC 2011 pics

NHC 2010 pics

Old 04-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #67
Soperbrew
Who rated my beer?

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Just realized this is in the Washington sub-forum. I'll make a new thread so it gets more exposure.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/nhc-...2/#post3971664

NHC 2011 pics

NHC 2010 pics

Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #68
midfielder5
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have 2 tickets I cannot use.
I cannot reach anyone at AHA about the unwanted tickets.
Does any one know who I need to talk to about getting a refund?
thanks!
Wendy

Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #69
SPLASTiK
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midfielder5 View Post
I have 2 tickets I cannot use.
I cannot reach anyone at AHA about the unwanted tickets.
Does any one know who I need to talk to about getting a refund?
thanks!
Wendy
I think the person to contact is Kathryn...

kathryn@brewersassociation.org
1.888.822.6273 ext. 123

Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #70
midfielder5
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLASTiK View Post
I think the person to contact is Kathryn...

kathryn@brewersassociation.org
1.888.822.6273 ext. 123
OK I already sent her an email- hadn't heard back yet so I posted my question. I will wait patiently... thank you!

Quick Reply