*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > NHC 2012 SEATTLE - Almost Sold out after 24 hrs | SOLD OUT

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #51
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 993 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Ok, the reason I asked was they had one room left in the block and wanted $225 for the first two nights. Apparently the original block got sold quick so they resigned another contract at a higher rate. None of the other hotels on the list in the $139 range had 21st to 24th availability so I was trying to convince them down to the $139 rate. No dice. Oh well, I'm sure they'll end up with a lot of cancellations.

I just booked at the silver cloud two blocks away for $139 and it comes with free parking, full breakfast, free wifi and 42" plasmas... Hyatt can eat it. I'm staying at the Hyatt in April for business so I'll get to see what I'm missing.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #52
luke2080
Insert Witty Title Here..
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Brew View Post
We will make sure there are events planned in Seattle and elsewhere that are documented, mapped, and will likely have transportation to.
Will those events in Seattle be posted on the NHC website? I was a day too late in pulling the trigger to buy tickets to register, but I'm still headed to Seattle for the event. Its a good excuse to visit a friend out there. So if there is a list of "other" events outside of the official registered/ticketed events, I'd like to take a look.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #53
luke2080

Recipes 

Bobby - I used to stay at the Courtyard Marriot in Bellevue all of the time for work. Its 3 blocks from the Westin, an easy walk down the main drag. (Did this coming back drunk from Earls quite few times) Right now its $149 a night for that weekend, and its a nice hotel. Nicer then the "courtyard" label.

I'd recommend that hotel for anyone still looking to book something.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #54
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2080 View Post
Will those events in Seattle be posted on the NHC website? I was a day too late in pulling the trigger to buy tickets to register, but I'm still headed to Seattle for the event. Its a good excuse to visit a friend out there. So if there is a list of "other" events outside of the official registered/ticketed events, I'd like to take a look.
Wow. Long trip in from Boston. They did release some waiting list tickets a couple days ago. You may want to look into them.

I would think the events will be posted on the NHC site. WAHA is coordinating with the AHA, so it seems likely that any events will be posted on the event website. I'm sure the event postings will find their way onto HBT as well via myself or other local members.

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 03-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #55
luke2080

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Brew View Post
Wow. Long trip in from Boston. They did release some waiting list tickets a couple days ago. You may want to look into them.

I would think the events will be posted on the NHC site. WAHA is coordinating with the AHA, so it seems likely that any events will be posted on the event website. I'm sure the event postings will find their way onto HBT as well via myself or other local members.
Ok - I'll keep tabs on the events section there.

I did hear some waiting list spots were getting some tickets, and I'm on the waiting list, so hopefully I get the email.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #56
brewfish
Recipes 

Anyone have a spare ticket?

JJ aka Brewfish

Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #57
velotech
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewfish View Post
Anyone have a spare ticket?
Did you get on the wait list with AHA? One of our club members just got a ticket two days ago after being on the wait list. Now he's looking for a room.

There will be 7 of us coming from the Rock Hoppers in CO.

Dave

Old 03-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #58
brewfish
Recipes 

Yep, Im on the list

JJ aka Brewfish

Old 03-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #59
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Some of the events during the NHC timeframe in Seattle are starting to post. Here is the link in case you are not on the AHA mailing list to receive the notices.

http://www.ahaconference.org/events/...erence-events/

PS. If you scroll through the list you will find Naked City presently listed on at least one event. If you get over there you may get a chance to say Hey to Don, (HBT ID Brewtopia) and he loves meeting HBT'ers.

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #60
xsists
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a room booked at the lower rate through Saturday night. Unfortunately I am unable to go anymore. It looks like if I transfer the rooms, they hike it to the higher rate If anyone is looking for a room, I'll transfer it to you but can't guarantee the rate.

EDIT: At the Hyatt.

Quick Reply