Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > JBLM Competition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
zgreenside
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 7

Default JBLM Competition

Anyone going to this? I'll be there, just want to know if anyone else from the forums entered.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #2
Black Island Brewer
An Ode to Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 346 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgreenside View Post
Anyone going to this? I'll be there, just want to know if anyone else from the forums entered.
I entered, but couldn't go due to work. Looking forward to the results being posted.
"Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die/Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit"

Old 02-27-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
zgreenside
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Island Brewer View Post
I entered, but couldn't go due to work. Looking forward to the results being posted.
Results were posted, I'll try to link to it tomorrow. I won 1st for my Munich Dunkel, and 3rd for my American Lager

Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 AM   #4
Loodachris
12th man loud and proud!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Someday I will get a win but until then it's back to the drawing board for my milk stout. I knew my friends were lying to me all along

Old 02-27-2014, 04:38 AM   #5
zgreenside
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loodachris View Post
Someday I will get a win but until then it's back to the drawing board for my milk stout. I knew my friends were lying to me all along
I don't know about that, I thought my milk stout was a sure winner, and thought it was foolish to enter my other two because I didn't think they'd stand a chance, yet those are the two that won. I think best in show was a stout, so there were some good ones, I wouldn't be too disappointed!

Edit: I was wrong, BiS was a Barleywine, 3rd BiS was the stout.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #6
Black Island Brewer
An Ode to Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
I'm just getting ready to brew a milk stout. I won a silver for my Foreign Export Stout, and a gold for my Rye IPA. I put in a Scottish 70/- but not only did it not place, but it isn't even showing on my entries. I'll wait for the notes to see what happened...
"Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die/Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit"
zgreenside Likes This 
Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
zgreenside
Recipes 

Quote:
I'm just getting ready to brew a milk stout. I won a silver for my Foreign Export Stout, and a gold for my Rye IPA. I put in a Scottish 70/- but not only did it not place, but it isn't even showing on my entries. I'll wait for the notes to see what happened...
Nice, congrats! I'm looking forward to the notes as well, I'd love to see where I went wrong with my stout!

On a side note, do you know why in the German Wheat and Rye's and Sours Category there was only a 2nd place finisher? The German wheat category had 3 entries, I'm assuming maybe the other two were DQ'd or ??? , but with the sours category only one guy entered and he got 2nd...Do they not give gold if you don't get a high enough score?

New to competitions, so I'm not sure if there's a minimum score requirement or not.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #8
Loodachris
12th man loud and proud!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Got my score sheets today and overall for me anyway not bad. 37/50 and 35/50 This is only my second time doing a competition and considering my first time around I got a high score of 23 for a first time hefeweizen this is a step in the right direction. No medal but i'm happy my milk stout scored a very good. Keeping positive and will enter again for sure.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #9
Black Island Brewer
An Ode to Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Got my score sheets today and overall for me anyway not bad. 37/50 and 35/50 This is only my second time doing a competition and considering my first time around I got a high score of 23 for a first time hefeweizen this is a step in the right direction. No medal but i'm happy my milk stout scored a very good. Keeping positive and will enter again for sure.
Mine are still missing. You're right, those are GREAT scores! Sometimes it's the luck of the placement on the flight, sometimes the Mini Best of Show. Take the feeback and use it if it's helpful. Even better, bring it to the HoPS club meeting on the 8th and I'll taste it!

Old 03-01-2014, 05:35 AM   #10
Loodachris
12th man loud and proud!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Mine are still missing. You're right, those are GREAT scores! Sometimes it's the luck of the placement on the flight, sometimes the Mini Best of Show. Take the feeback and use it if it's helpful. Even better, bring it to the HoPS club meeting on the 8th and I'll taste it!

If I don't have to work that morning then I might just show up and bring a few bottles. Get your results yet? Should of been there by now.

Quick Reply