Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > Hello Fellow Washingtonians!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #41
Seanwallner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stanwood, Wa
Posts: 136
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Yeah, we moved in to crowd it up some more.
Howdy Cat. Im near Lake Goodwin. Ive seen ya on here before and always meant to give ya a shout. Do you belong to a club in the area? We have a great one I belong to. Love to have ya. LOve to brew together some time also or talk shop.
__________________
Seanwallner is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 AM   #42
Seanwallner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stanwood, Wa
Posts: 136
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Brew View Post
I brew on an electric HERMS rig, but the concepts are all the same. I started out all grain with the 10 gallon Gott cooler.

There's a good chance I'll be brewing this weekend. I need to get a Schwarzbier done for an internal club competition. It could be interesting as we have to use the Anchor Steam Cal Lager yeast, which is not the native yeast normally used to brew a Schwarzbier.
BREW or GEBL? I belong to the Stilly Mashers. Maybe Ill run into ya at NHC. Would love to check out your rig and maybe brew sometime. Happy brewing
__________________
Seanwallner is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #43
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,921
Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Hey Sean. I'm with GEBL. I know a couple Stilly Mashers. Karen and Bob, and Mark and Alison. Your welcome over anytime. Things are getting crazy between the NHC planning and a May wedding for me. I will be brewing up a couple wedding beers pretty soon.

Cheers

__________________
Primary: German Hef, Belgian IPA, Scottish 80, Belgian Dubbel
On Tap: Oatmeal Stout, Vanilla Oatmeal Stout, Belgian Dark Strong, Munich Dunkel, Dunkel Weizen, Oktoberfest, Bock, IPA, Black IPA, English IPA, Pale Ale

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness
Zen_Brew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #44
davidr2340
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mill Creek, WA
Posts: 429
Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanwallner View Post
Howdy Cat. Im near Lake Goodwin. Ive seen ya on here before and always meant to give ya a shout. Do you belong to a club in the area? We have a great one I belong to. Love to have ya. LOve to brew together some time also or talk shop.

Hey Sean,

I spent a lot of time on Lake Goodwin back in the day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Brew View Post
Hey Sean. I'm with GEBL. I know a couple Stilly Mashers. Karen and Bob, and Mark and Alison. Your welcome over anytime. Things are getting crazy between the NHC planning and a May wedding for me. I will be brewing up a couple wedding beers pretty soon.

Cheers
Wedding... What's this you speak of? Congrats bro!!!
__________________
David - Mill Creek Brewing Co.

Primary: Empty
Kegged: Hazelnut Brown Ale / Tipple Twister Barleywine
davidr2340 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #45
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ChshreCat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,257
Liked 457 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanwallner View Post
Howdy Cat. Im near Lake Goodwin. Ive seen ya on here before and always meant to give ya a shout. Do you belong to a club in the area? We have a great one I belong to. Love to have ya. LOve to brew together some time also or talk shop.
There's another guy on the island on here who's invited me to a club he's in. Not sure if it's the same one. I just haven't had a chance to make it yet.
__________________

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

ChshreCat is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #46
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,921
Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidr2340 View Post

Wedding... What's this you speak of? Congrats bro!!!
Didn't I mention it when you were over? What a dunce I am sometimes. We are getting married on May 5th over in Leavenworth with a renaissance theme. We are going to have just a small to mid sized wedding, and then we are going to have a big party on Sat May 12th at the house to celebrate the wedding. We figured it is much easier to just have a big celebration party at the house the week after to share and celebrate the event with friends, then to have a big wedding and all the expense, and people not being able to drive to Leavenworth, or having to worry about wedding gifts and all the jazz.

You are more than welcome to head over to the party on the 12th. They'll be plenty of beer and other libations I'm sure. Renaissance attire is optional at the party. Some guests want to dress up, some do not. Once we're good and drunk the Ren folk can terrorize and pillage the non Rens as they see fit
__________________
Primary: German Hef, Belgian IPA, Scottish 80, Belgian Dubbel
On Tap: Oatmeal Stout, Vanilla Oatmeal Stout, Belgian Dark Strong, Munich Dunkel, Dunkel Weizen, Oktoberfest, Bock, IPA, Black IPA, English IPA, Pale Ale

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness
Zen_Brew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #47
davidr2340
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mill Creek, WA
Posts: 429
Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Brew View Post
Didn't I mention it when you were over? What a dunce I am sometimes. We are getting married on May 5th over in Leavenworth with a renaissance theme. We are going to have just a small to mid sized wedding, and then we are going to have a big party on Sat May 12th at the house to celebrate the wedding. We figured it is much easier to just have a big celebration party at the house the week after to share and celebrate the event with friends, then to have a big wedding and all the expense, and people not being able to drive to Leavenworth, or having to worry about wedding gifts and all the jazz.

You are more than welcome to head over to the party on the 12th. They'll be plenty of beer and other libations I'm sure. Renaissance attire is optional at the party. Some guests want to dress up, some do not. Once we're good and drunk the Ren folk can terrorize and pillage the non Rens as they see fit
LOL! Nope, I don't think you did! Regardless... CONGRATS!!! That sounds like an awesome idea for the wedding/party!
Thanks for the invite. I think I need to make the 5 minute drive over for this one!!!
__________________
David - Mill Creek Brewing Co.

Primary: Empty
Kegged: Hazelnut Brown Ale / Tipple Twister Barleywine
davidr2340 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #48
Seanwallner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stanwood, Wa
Posts: 136
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat

There's another guy on the island on here who's invited me to a club he's in. Not sure if it's the same one. I just haven't had a chance to make it yet.
Would that happen to be Matt?
__________________

PENITENT BREWING
STANWOOD,WA

" You have been drinking bad beer, Seek Penance"

Seanwallner is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #49
Seanwallner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stanwood, Wa
Posts: 136
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Brew
Hey Sean. I'm with GEBL. I know a couple Stilly Mashers. Karen and Bob, and Mark and Alison. Your welcome over anytime. Things are getting crazy between the NHC planning and a May wedding for me. I will be brewing up a couple wedding beers pretty soon.

Cheers
Very cool. Congratulations. Let me know after things cool off when your brewing next. I'll definitely head over. Cheers
__________________

PENITENT BREWING
STANWOOD,WA

" You have been drinking bad beer, Seek Penance"

Seanwallner is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #50
DobrePivo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Covington, WA
Posts: 60
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Phil from Kent here. I'm a glutton for punishment and like long brew days, usually double and triple decoction lagers. I also belong to the Impaling Alers homebrew club.

__________________
DobrePivo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools