Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > Cost of a good pint of ale in your area?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #11
DeRoux's Broux
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

my "local" brew pub Two Row's in Houston just starting doing $1 pints all day Sunday! woo-hoo! $2 pints from 12 - 4 on Saturdays also. not too shabby......plus the food is PDG.

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #12
Mike@Lincoln
Recipes 

Default Price of a good pint

Hi guys !
Over here in the UK I pay £2.20 for a pint at my local pub, with a choice of three real ales. A nearby pub charges £2.30, and another up £2.45. It has a lot to do with which wholesale merchant they deal with. Dealing directly with a brewery is generally cheaper, but most of the brewers only want to know if the if pub is prepared to buy larger amounts or to stock thier whole range of products. Generally the keg beers are slightly cheaper than real ales, while lagers, Guinness, or ciders are around £2.40 to £2.80.
Apart from those who are tied to a breweries products, most publicans I know find it cheaper to buy wines and spirits from the local supermarket. The tax on all booze is quite high, so all prices would be much less without government regulations.
Mike, Lincoln. UK

Old 06-14-2005, 09:03 PM   #13
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Lincoln
Hi guys !
Over here in the UK I pay £2.20 for a pint at my local pub, with a choice of three real ales. A nearby pub charges £2.30, and another up £2.45. It has a lot to do with which wholesale merchant they deal with. Dealing directly with a brewery is generally cheaper, but most of the brewers only want to know if the if pub is prepared to buy larger amounts or to stock thier whole range of products. Generally the keg beers are slightly cheaper than real ales, while lagers, Guinness, or ciders are around £2.40 to £2.80.
Apart from those who are tied to a breweries products, most publicans I know find it cheaper to buy wines and spirits from the local supermarket. The tax on all booze is quite high, so all prices would be much less without government regulations.
Mike, Lincoln. UK
So Mike, how do you brew your beers? All extract, extract w/ grains, or all-grain? I brew here, like most homebrewers I guess, because I don't have the variety of fresh ales and lagers where I live. I have to go to Houston for a good tap house or brew pub. And you would think the 4th largest city in America would have more than one brew pub. Plus I can brew a 5.5 gallon batch for about $0.45-$0.50/beer. Plus it's an awesome hobby.

Glad your on the forum!
Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Quick Reply