Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > Calling All Northwest Brewers - Homebrew Festival August 29th 2009- $1000 Competition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
explosivebeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Calling All Northwest Brewers - Homebrew Festival August 29th 2009- $1000 Competition

I'm helping organize a new homebrew festival to take advantage of Bill 5060 that will take effect in just five days. It's the first event in the state of Washington where homebrewers will be allowed to share their beer with people outside the homebrew community. We're working with a local Rotary club to put on an event that will benefit Rotary projects (local youth programs specifically), homebrewers, and festival attendees alike.

It's going to be August 29th out near Orting, WA. For legal reasons it's a private event. But my understanding is that recruiting homebrewers to come out and share their beer does not have to be held to that private standard since it's on the organizational side.

Anyway, we're going to have $1000 in cash prizes for the homebrew competition. If you bring a keg (or equivalent in bottles) to share, you get into the event for free and can enter the competition. Only beers that are being served at the event are eligible for the competition.

After the festival all homebrewers are invited to camp out so you don't have to drive home.

Check out the website for more info and to register: Lakewood Rotary Homebrew Festival

I hope to see some of you guys out there. It should be a fun event and a great chance to share ideas and homebrew with like-minded people.

Cheers,
-Brandon

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
explosivebeer
Recipes 

Just to follow up on this, we currently only have about a dozen brewers who have confirmed that they're going to make it. That's a lot of money and assorted prizes for a small number of people, not that I'm complaining. Still, it would be great to get some more people out to share their beer. Let me know if you can make it.

-Brandon

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

Old 08-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

When you mention bringing a keg, does a 5 gallon corny keg meet that requirement? Could it be just a corny keg in a cooler of ice with a picnic tap?

Are there any preferred styles they are looking for?

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Bokonon
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'll have to see what I've got going on that weekend. Beerstock is this weekend and I can't make it to that one, but maybe I can make it here.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
explosivebeer
Recipes 

Cool. I don't think anyone's coming yet from the eastside so it would be great to have you. And there's even a prize for whoever travels the farthest to share their beer. Just let me know if you can make it.

-Abraham Lincoln

Quick Reply