The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #411
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Just a heads up guys - I know we are only about halfway to closing the deal but wanted to let people know I just posted some new info to post 1 and 2.

Do to the overall PITA of collecting cash from different sources this time around I plan on collecting from a money order/ certified check or personal check only.

There are a couple reasons for doing this, one is simplicity.
1. It was hard to track last time when i was bouncing between 3-4 forms of payment.
2. I don't like the fact that amazon and other sites have started asking for SSN's and don't need the implication that I am making money via an internet business.

Thanks for being patient with all the changes, it sure has gotten complicated on the buy lately

Feel free to PM me with any concerns.

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #412
gcdowd
Hopalicious
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I know this has been asked before but is there still anything going on with the keg interest?

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #413
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
I know this has been asked before but is there still anything going on with the keg interest?
+1

Also just got some new info about the conical, MT, BK, HLT buy I mentioned a while ago. Here is a link to the pricing, I am working on getting more details for pick up, etc.

These appear to be very similar, if not the same manufacturer for stoutkettls and tanks. crazyirishman34 is heading up the buy. Can't be coordinated on HBT, since it is an equipment buy. Feel free to ping him with questions.

Enough participation in the cuse could allow us to have our share shipped to Syracuse.

Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #414
TwoGunz
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

I'm in Korea on business and I always make it a point to try local beers or other beer like beverages. So, I just had some makgeolli (thick rice beer)-- pretty funky stuff but not bad and would be something I'd drink again under the right circumstances. Anyways, just thought I'd share since I've got nothing other than work to do in my hotel room right now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makgeolli

Old 04-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #415
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGunz View Post
I'm in Korea on business and I always make it a point to try local beers or other beer like beverages. So, I just had some makgeolli (thick rice beer)-- pretty funky stuff but not bad and would be something I'd drink again under the right circumstances. Anyways, just thought I'd share since I've got nothing other than work to do in my hotel room right now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makgeolli
yum, funky rice brew

Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #416
copyright1997
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Spreadsheet: Added 1 sack BZ-MUNH (Munich), used some today and I am running low. Also removed 1 CM-PILS and added 1 CM-2ROW.

Spreadsheet now at 63 sacks.

Anyone want 1/2 sack of BZ-CHIT (or I will go for Carapils in place of the BZ-CHIT if desired)?

Last n brews in 2014: (P=Primary) (K=Keg) (B=Keg->Bottle)
6/13: Rolling Rock (P), 6/09: Yooper's Pale Ale (P), 5/27: Coumbus IPA (P), 5/17: Victory Hop Devil (K), 5/15: Summit MO SMASH (K), 5/12: Sierra Nevada Celebration (K), 5/03: Schwartzbeir (K),4/10: Birch Beer (Soda) (K), 3/31: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (K), 3/25: Belgian Ale (SWMBO slayer) (B), 3/21: mrbowenz English IPA (B), 3/17: Mirror Pond Ale (K), 3/17: Blue Moon's "Old Country Cousin" (B), 3/15: Ballast Point Sculpin IPA (B),

Old 04-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #417
jeffb418
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Anyone else want to sign up for a 1/2 split that hasn't already? Want to make sure everyone has a chance before opening it up to 2 splits per person in a week or so.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #418
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I would say personally I am good for now with splits and would let someone take over mine if they are looking to get in on more.

Copyright - normally I would be all over the carapilz, but I have about 30lbs in stock! but I use it a lot. I have been tearing through munich lately too. Also am finding myself using a lot of pils just because of hefes, roggens, belgians that I ahve on my radar.

Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 04-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #419
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

added a bag of bz-pils

if people aren't jumping in on splits I would be interested in going in on 1/2 bag of c40 as I just noticed I seem to be using that up - PM me if anyone is interested.

I also added some hops, looks like we are getting close to closing several of these:

HU-90CLM Columbus 7
HU-90MTH Mt Hood 9
HU-90FGL Fuggle 5
HU-90TNG Tettnang 6
HU-90NBR Northern Brewer 6
HU-90GPR Perle 7
HU-90SMT Summit 7

I noticed that we have a warrior and magnum hop interest going. If we don't end up closing either, it will probably make sense to combine interest on these hops to get one or the other. If I remember right they are pretty much the same thing (right now that would be 6 shares of interest for mag and warrior).

Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #420
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

HOPS:

OK all who are participating in the hop buy please read on.

So I am a knucklehead and I either:
a. have a poor memory
b. didn't listen closely
c. a little bit from choice a and b

I just called NCM to confirm hop buy capability and packaging. It looks like while they can package in 1lb bags, it will cost the same price as if we bought them 1 at a time. The only way to get the deep discounted price is to order them in one giant 11lb sealed back. i.e. we will have to split them up in bags.

Based on this information some people may wish to not participate, however I am still whole heartedly interested, and will handle the splits personally as needed.

If you wish to step out of the hop splits please let me know and we can update the sheet accordingly.

If you continue with the hop portion of the buy it will likely mean adding maybe $1 or less to your hop total (dependent on packaging). i.e. if you bought 1 lb of cascade it will then will be $7.39 for a lb vs. $6.39

I have a food saver vacuum sealer and if I recall the foodsaver bags are about ~<$1 per foot on the roll unless they have come down in price (each split would be charged actual price). Anyway that would be the most $ way for us to package them. We could go with ziplocks as well. I have mylar bags as well, but I can't vac seal them - only heat seal them.

I have used hops that were over 1 year old that were stored in a mason jar, opened several times with free air as I used them. They still made great beer. Personally I am switching all over the mason jars for all my hop storage after that experiment. For reference, a 1 qt mason jar holds about 1 lb of hops.

Please let me know if you are changing interest. Sorry for not flushing the details out on the hop packaging before this. I still think it is a great deal and hope people remain on the bulk buy. But if you change you mind that is ok too (PMs sent to all).

Thanks all!

Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Quick Reply