Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #31
jeffb418
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #32
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

HEADS UP ALL – NEW RULES:

In effort to keep everyone happy and ensure that twogunz's family business isn’t affected we are taking on some new rules to try for the next buy. Please read below and see post #2 for the new links to the sheets.

We will try these rules for this buy and see how they go moving forward. The goal is to make this process easy on the business, and give us good repeatability for a buy every 3-4 months. We can adjust as we learn how to improve the process.

RULES:

1) Order not to exceed 4 pallets.

2) 5 bag/item minimum per participant. (keep in mind you can team up with someone and buy under one name)

3) SELF COORDINATED SPLITS (people can coordinate splits outside the buy). Splits cannot be handled onsite. Starsan is the exception with .25 splits available.
**Coordinators will provide estimates and actuals for buyer’s reference as they are available, per bag if needed. However one person in the split must take on the “whole bag” responsibility. This means one buyer will be responsible for (a) payment of the full bag (b) pick up/distribution of the full bag.
Since these are new changes being implemented, all split participants have the right to drop out of the current splits. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
4) Users must provide JeffB418 with: (a) email address (b) Full contact information (Full name, phone address), to access/edit the buyer sheet (you will need to create a google docs account).

5) Once and order closes (a) an estimated payment will be posted for each buyer; (b) buyer to pay estimated payment (Via check, amazon, or chase quickpay), prior to order placement. Buyers will be credited the difference via paypal, amazon payment, chase quickpay (or other arrangement).

These terms were arrived at through discussions of the coordinators in the best interests of keeping the CNY Grain buy going with minimal impact to those involved. Thanks for understanding!!

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #33
jeffb418
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

THE SHEET IS NOW RESTRICTED ACCESS ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BUY READ BELOW.

Please PM with the following information for access to the sheet:

Full Name
Phone Number
Email address

This is just to keep access to the sheet limited to those who are participating in the buy and to make it easier to contact everyone involved in the buy. The information will be stored and supplied only to myself and Cidah. We will protect your information.

Once I add you to the access list, you will receive an email granting you access.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Jeff B

Also all splits were removed from the buy sheet since we wont be doing splits on this order. I'll make up a new sheet later today that will allow you guys to coordinate "on your own" splits.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #34
copyright1997
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Since the split went away, I went for a full sack of CM-WHET. Sack count is now 9. I might fill in a few more to get to the 5 minimum value and change what I want as we get closer. (Right now I don't need any grain! )

Last n brews: (P=Primary) (K=Keg) (B=Keg->Bottle)
7/26: Flower Power(P) 6/13: Rolling Rock (K), 6/09: Yooper's Pale Ale (K), 5/27: Columbus IPA (K), 5/17: Victory Hop Devil (K), 5/15: Summit MO SMASH (K), 5/12: Sierra Nevada Celebration (K), 5/03: Schwartzbeir (B) 4/10: Birch Beer (Soda) (K), 3/31: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (B), 3/25: Belgian Ale (SWMBO slayer) (B), 3/21: mrbowenz English IPA (B), 3/17: Mirror Pond Ale (K), 3/17: Blue Moon's "Old Country Cousin" (B), 3/15: Sculpin IPA (B),

Old 02-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #35
jeffb418
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You guys see this thread? http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/col...y-kegs-301569/

Could possibly do the same thing if we could get enough people together (if the Elmira keg deal falls through).

Old 02-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #36
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyright1997 View Post
Since the split went away, I went for a full sack of CM-WHET. Sack count is now 9. I might fill in a few more to get to the 5 minimum value and change what I want as we get closer. (Right now I don't need any grain! )
No need to tally up five bags right away

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 02-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #37
Smashing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb418
You guys see this thread? http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/col...y-kegs-301569/

Could possibly do the same thing if we could get enough people together (if the Elmira keg deal falls through).
Looks like the thread went away. What was the gist of it?

Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #38
TwoGunz
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Woot! I just ordered a super fast thermapen! Since spending $100 on a thermometer sounds crazy to me, I justified it by applying some cash back points from my credit card!

Copyright: I tried your nut brown the other night. It was quite tasty, thank you! What yeast did you use in that? I taste a faint similarity to the last Scotch Ale I made and I'm wondering if it's the yeast.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #39
copyright1997
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGunz View Post
Woot! I just ordered a super fast thermapen! Since spending $100 on a thermometer sounds crazy to me, I justified it by applying some cash back points from my credit card!

Copyright: I tried your nut brown the other night. It was quite tasty, thank you! What yeast did you use in that? I taste a faint similarity to the last Scotch Ale I made and I'm wondering if it's the yeast.
Thanks! It's S-04, which I use pretty much all the time on English style brews. Rest of recipe is (as brewed): (5 gallon batch)
8 # 2ROW
2 # MO
6 oz Crystal 60
4 oz Chocolate Malt
Hops:
1 oz Willamette @ 60 (original recipe called for EKG, which I was out of at the time)
.5 oz Fuggles @ 15
Mash @ 152
[I brewed it on 11/19/2011.]

Last n brews: (P=Primary) (K=Keg) (B=Keg->Bottle)
7/26: Flower Power(P) 6/13: Rolling Rock (K), 6/09: Yooper's Pale Ale (K), 5/27: Columbus IPA (K), 5/17: Victory Hop Devil (K), 5/15: Summit MO SMASH (K), 5/12: Sierra Nevada Celebration (K), 5/03: Schwartzbeir (B) 4/10: Birch Beer (Soda) (K), 3/31: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (B), 3/25: Belgian Ale (SWMBO slayer) (B), 3/21: mrbowenz English IPA (B), 3/17: Mirror Pond Ale (K), 3/17: Blue Moon's "Old Country Cousin" (B), 3/15: Sculpin IPA (B),

Old 02-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #40
jeffb418
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Brewed up the SN Celebration Ale today, man it smelled amazing while boiling. Used TF optic as the base malt, so interested to see how that turns out.

Quick Reply