Syracuse, NY area - Group Grain Buy
This thread is for interest in a grain buy in Syracuse, NY. We need to get ~42 sacks of grain and then people would have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location. Payment will be done through paypal, and will be required up front, once the order is secured.
We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$25 2Row + shipping (~$6)
~$38 Marris Otter + shipping (~$6)
To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".
Use 2000#+ pricing
THESE PRICES ASSUME WE WILL REACH THE 2000# PRICE BUCKET.
Just to keep people up to speed:
For pricing, this is an estimate. Plan for about $4 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly. I have borrowed a cost excel sheet from Walker and if you want a copy let me know and I can email it to you.
I will keep this sheet up to date as orders come in to track things and let you know roughly what you are in for $$wise.
Payments will be collected once we have secured 42 bags (or we decide to process an order with less). I would like to do all payments through paypal, if you have an issue with this please PM me.
To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Log into paypal.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.
Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.
After that, cidahmastah takes over and handles out the delivery end of things, which will be at his home address unless otherwise noted (if you know a place of business that we could have the shipment delivered to that has a loading dock PM CidahMastah). CidahMastah will keep us all updated on when it is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.
FOR SPLIT SACKS: Work out the details with your partners. Bring something to put your share in, weigh it out on site, and take your portion. Or, one of you picks up the whole sack and deal with the splitting on your own time. Whatever. That's your decision to make with your splitting partners.
For reference: a 5 gallon bucket, depending on the type of grain, will just about hold half of a 55 lb sack.
ROUND 3 - ORDER OPEN - 4/27/2011
New Order has opened up (ROUND 3). I will award people their place in the order by the time frame that they contacted me. If we get to two pallets, we get a discount on shipping.
0 bags down
1. (pending) Collect 42 sacks of grain for an order
2. (pending)Our request for quote (RFQ) has been sent out by the buyer
2. (pending)We hear back from the buyer on actual cost ( (pending)I pass out the actual cost to everyone)[/COLOR]
3. (pending)Everybody pays up (the order will NOT ship until everyone has paid via paypal)
4. (pending)Once payed up (following the paypal instructions on page one of this thread) - the order will ship.
5. (pending) CidahMastah will let everyone know when the shipment is to arrive (pending) and where it is shipping to (pending) , when to pick it up(pending) .
6. (PENDING)We all slap high five and say job well done.---------------------------------------------------------------
For those who missed the current order, but would like to be considered/notified of a future order, please PM me your interest or post it to this thread. Once we get about half (or more) of the order in, I would be willing to restart a new thread, or add to this one for another buy. Send in the code for what you want and the quantity to make it easier for me to track.
I am interested in one bag each of:
1. Great Western American 2-row malt
2. Hugh Baird (English) Pale Ale malt (Maris Otter)
3. Great Western Munich Malt
4. German (Best Malz) Pilsner malt
36 more bags to go
I'm down for:
1. 2x Great Western Pacific Northwest Pale Ale Malt
2. 1x Great Western Munich Malt
33 sacks to go
Do not count me as official yet, but I might be down for 2, maybe 3 bags. I am interested in seeing what the price would be first. These guys still sell bulk to homebrewers? I know North Country does not.
Ahhh.... Group buys welcome. Ignore me :drunk: Did they tell you the bulk discount?
Basically, there will be a discount to the already cheap prices on the site, and a few bucks shipping per bag. If you know a better price somewhere - we could always shift a buy to them - but these guys have the best price I could find. Try looking around the cuse and you will buy that same bag of american 2 row for $70 + 8% tax ($29.95 on the site)
You are right NCM won't do bulk sales to home brewers any more... unless you made an order with them in the past. If you already have an account from a previous buy, the rep told me I could have ordered. Know anybody?
I will post the discounted prices as soon as I get them in. I think they should be at, or below the price listed on the site. Which sounds fantastic to me...
A buddy of mine wanted to add two things to the order:
1. 1x Great Western American 2-row malt
2. 1x Great Western Pacific Northwest Pale Ale Malt
31 sacks to go
Come on guys, I don't want to have to buy 40 sacks of grain by myself ha!
I should mention that it won't be a problem for me to store your grain in a cool place until you can come to get it.
oh im interested, but give a day to think of how much grain i need to buy., as of right now looks like two bags of 2-row, but ill let you know soon. have to do some math of my upcoming brews
ok, if this goes through put me down for:
2x Great West American 2-row
1x Great West American Pacific Northwest Pale Ale Malt
|All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.