*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Southeastern VA/Eastern NC???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #21
Piratwolf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Surprised me too! I go to the one in Norfolk, and I could've fallen over when they told me their 50# prices. Their hop prices & per pound grain prices are absurd, but the bulk grain is great!

jmendez29: Haha! I get it! :ban:
Wait. You're not talking about beer, right?
You're talking about beer. That could have been a whole lot more fun.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #22
Vellum
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Exactly. I checked out after a guy who was buying a full recipe that just looked standard 9-12 lbs grain and a few oz hops and his total was $50. I'm glad I was only buying bottle caps! But if their bags of grain are reasonable I'm in for supporting them that way. They are a great resource for odds and ends. I like wine and cake hobbies as well for that same reason. I'll have to ask what their bulk grain price is next time I go in.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
Vellum
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I went to wine and cake hobbies website and they sell their briess 2-row for 49.95 a sack. Here's a link. Also they offer a coupon every month for 10% off a purchase of $15 or more, or 20% off a purchase of $100 or more when you sign up for their monthly email. So with the coupon you are looking at $40-$45 a bag which is pretty good for a local store. At least I think so.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #24
DonNowlin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellum
I went to wine and cake hobbies website and they sell their briess 2-row for 49.95 a sack. Here's a link. Also they offer a coupon every month for 10% off a purchase of $15 or more, or 20% off a purchase of $100 or more when you sign up for their monthly email. So with the coupon you are looking at $40-$45 a bag which is pretty good for a local store. At least I think so.
That's the place I was talking with. Didnt know they had 50# on their website or had 10% off. Calling them next week for an order. Even though HomebrewUSA is closer, I go into Norfolk about once a week. Takes them 2-3 days for the sacks when you order according to Chris.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #25
BrewPirate
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've purchased two sacks from HomebrewUSA before. One 2-row and one white wheat. Each was $55. Not a horrible price for bulk grains, but I was hoping for a little bit better with a bulk buy, in the high $30s to low $40s. I'll have to give Cake and Wine a shot sometime.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #26
DonNowlin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Spoke with Wine and Cake Hobbies today. They are having a groupon on Living Social for $15 off $30 of merchandise (or $30 off) starting 1 March. They also said they would work with us for a bulk group buy. They need a list of what we want before they can tell us how much the costs will be. I've never done a group buy, have a truck to move it, or room to store, but am willing to compile the list and work with others to make a buy. Thoughts??

Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #27
DonNowlin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

To clarify, the groupon is $15 and with it you can get $30 of merchandise.

Quick Reply