Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Southeast Nebraska Grain Buy
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #31
Vlaktor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

I'm all paid up.

__________________
Vlaktor is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #32
agentEhrman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 333
iTrader: (0)
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default

I want in on the next one! I just found this thread today..

__________________

Well, I think that you meant "oz" not "lbs"
Did you brew this from the couch on your porch?

agentEhrman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #33
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: (0)
Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentEhrman View Post
I want in on the next one! I just found this thread today..
It won't be long. I should burn through my grain by year's end if not sooner. If enough others need grain before then, we'll throw another one together.
__________________

_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #34
agentEhrman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 333
iTrader: (0)
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default

Thanks, i just realized I met you at Tim's the weekend before last. You had the imperial nugget, right?

__________________

Well, I think that you meant "oz" not "lbs"
Did you brew this from the couch on your porch?

agentEhrman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #35
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: (0)
Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentEhrman View Post
Thanks, i just realized I met you at Tim's the weekend before last. You had the imperial nugget, right?
Yep. I'm not good with names, better with faces. Looking forward to the picnic/bash next time. I'll be at BeerQuest this Sunday, too.

Actually, I think I remember you. We talked in the back tap-room earlier in the day, tried each other's beer, you had a single hop PA I think?
__________________

_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #36
Vlaktor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

The Railroaders Brew Club and South Omaha Brewers will be doing a group buy in October. From what I hear, the prices will be even better than this group buy. Once we get it going, I'll post on this site and see if any of you want to get in on it.

Also.... I'll be at Beer Quest this Sunday as well. I'll be serving Blassphemie Belgian Pale Ale. Stop by and say howdy.

__________________
Vlaktor is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #37
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: (0)
Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaktor View Post
The Railroaders Brew Club and South Omaha Brewers will be doing a group buy in October. From what I hear, the prices will be even better than this group buy. Once we get it going, I'll post on this site and see if any of you want to get in on it.

Also.... I'll be at Beer Quest this Sunday as well. I'll be serving Blassphemie Belgian Pale Ale. Stop by and say howdy.
Yeah I saw you made the finals, congrats! I fell short, oh well. I threw the recipe together the night before I brewed it, my first attempt at a Dubbel. Needs time to age, really. Can be hard to make a good high-gravity Belgian in 6 weeks.
__________________

_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #38
Vlaktor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

The lack of time to allow for aging is exactly why I decided to go with a simple Belgian Pale Ale. And I mean it is SIMPLE! It is all pilsner malt, Czech Saaz hops, and dark Belgian candi. I inverted the sugar and simmered it for about 90 minutes to get it to the color of maple syrup. I should have mashed at a higher temperature though as the beer came out extremely light bodied since nearly all the sugar converted to alcohol. That is good and all, but it could use some more body. It is still damn tasty though.

__________________
Vlaktor is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #39
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: (0)
Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

I saw all those darker malts they offered and figured that would put it in for a Dubbel. I also used pretty much all of the sugar for a 9g batch, so it's dry...That's why it needs more time to age. The JuicyFruit yeast flavors could mellow-out some for me, too.

__________________

_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #40
agentEhrman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 333
iTrader: (0)
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
Yep. I'm not good with names, better with faces. Looking forward to the picnic/bash next time. I'll be at BeerQuest this Sunday, too.

Actually, I think I remember you. We talked in the back tap-room earlier in the day, tried each other's beer, you had a single hop PA I think?
Yeah, that's right. Unfortunately I have to miss the picnic. I'm kicking myself for scheduling a trip that weekend. Tim's got a little slice of paradise out there!
__________________

Well, I think that you meant "oz" not "lbs"
Did you brew this from the couch on your porch?

agentEhrman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools