Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Seeking a Group Buy Upstate NY/W.MA/etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
pernox
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Default Seeking a Group Buy Upstate NY/W.MA/etc

Last time I bought grain, it spoiled me; prices just a couple dollars per sack over the North Country Malt pricing... Unfortunately, the cats I got in with are either not doing it again, or all changed their email addresses.

I was thinking about making the 3.5hr drive to NCM in Champlain and load up the truck, but apparently they don't sell to homebrewers who haven't ordered from them before? My name wasn't on the sales slip, so I guess I'm SOL on that.

So, I'm looking to get in on a group buy if anyone knows of one in the upstate NY, Western MA, Connecticut, Vermont, South NH etc sort of region. I wouldn't mind traveling a couple hours (hell - I was willing to do 3.5hrs to go up to Champlain!) to pick up, but all the heavy hitters down in Jersey are too far off.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Keep on the lookout for a buy based out of Staten Island if you are interested. I pretty much have the logistics all worked out with a member of my homebrew club who has a metal shop he's willing to offer as the delivery location. I'm just waiting now until after my kid is born before I take on the responsibility of organizing it.

We should be up and running in a little more than a month.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
pernox
Recipes 

Thanks! Will keep that in mind if I haven't jumped on someone else's buy by then. With traffic, Staten Island is a good 5hr ride.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Old 10-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #4
pernox
Recipes 

Bumpty bumpty bump.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
grathan
Recipes 

Liked 130 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I'd be interested as well. Perhaps I will check with some of the local brew clubs to see if any group buys are planned for the future.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
sjlammer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

They only sell to homebrewers who are existing clients? did i read that right? I bought from them last year and didn't have a problem... did they say why?

On Deck: Spruce APA, Chambord Fortified Chocolate Porter, Imperial IPA

Primary:
Primary:
Secondary: Belgian Dark Strong Ale
Conical:
Lagering: None
Kegged/Drinking: Cascade, Cent., Amarillo Pale Ale
Kegged/Drinking: Belgian Pale Ale (HG yeast for yeast cropping see above)
Bottled: ESB

Old 10-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
sjlammer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Oh yeah... i'd get in for a few bags if you go.

and i could place the order if they really don't accept new customers

On Deck: Spruce APA, Chambord Fortified Chocolate Porter, Imperial IPA

Primary:
Primary:
Secondary: Belgian Dark Strong Ale
Conical:
Lagering: None
Kegged/Drinking: Cascade, Cent., Amarillo Pale Ale
Kegged/Drinking: Belgian Pale Ale (HG yeast for yeast cropping see above)
Bottled: ESB

Old 10-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
pernox
Recipes 

Okay - we're up to three folks.

sjlammer - turns out they bought a homebrew supply outfit, I'd imagine that's 90% of the impetus behind not selling to homebrewers directly - save existing accounts.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
pernox
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grathan View Post
I'd be interested as well. Perhaps I will check with some of the local brew clubs to see if any group buys are planned for the future.
Any word on group buys from the local clubs, grathan?

Old 10-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
grathan
Recipes 

Liked 130 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Not at the moment. I'll post when I hear something.

Quick Reply