Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > SE Nebraska Group Buy Round 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #171
bbrim
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Next weekend I will brew a pale ale, black saison and big hoppy witbier.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #172
Stovetop535
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have been in the recipe section on here lately. Every time I spend an evening reading through threads I end up with a handfull of beers I want to make.

Yesterday I made the Cream of Three Crops Recipe. Last week I made the Strawberry Alarm Clock V3.0. Next week I am planning on making an American Wheat.

I am making beer for a graduation party in may. I also have a Blegian Golden Strong that I need to bottle next week. Hopefully it will carb up by May.

Links to the recipes...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=f&rct=j&url=http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/all-grain-cream-three-crops-cream-ale-66503/&q=&esrc=s&ei=b0lGUbSFGIeE2QWvkYAo&usg=AFQjCNGz 17-EHZUoNHm4AeVsQ23vgAktqw

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f75/stra...blonde-132129/.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/amer...tition-238940/

Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #173
distributistdad
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Hello all -- since many of you are fellow Lincolnites, I have a couple of first generation jars of saved yeast / slurry WLP 500 that I'd love to trade somebody for and neutral English or American Ale yeast.

The WLP500 was in a 1.048 witbier that chewed her down to about 1.009 in 10 days with no starter. I collected this on Friday night, so it's quite fresh.

Any takers?

Primaries: St. Servatius Belgian Strong
Carboies: Ed Wort's Apflwein,. Nierra Sevada (2)
Bottled: Nut Brown, St. Lawrence Wit, ESB, Irish Red, Red Rabbit Pale Ale, Spiced Belgian Brown, Nierra Sevada
Up Next: Elevenses Ale, Black Pearl Porter, Oatmeal Porter

Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #174
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I would but I have about 6 jars (over 1.5L) of that WLP500 yeast that I'M trying to get rid of. I've made so many belgian beers I'm quite sick of them! I also have about 1.5L of US-05 slurry, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #175
tre9er
Recipes 

I brewed a Honey Cascade beer seat-of-my-pants last weekend. Hoping for big honey aroma/flavor from the malt (have used before but never got enough of it) as I used 2lbs. in 9g batch. The cascades were whole-hops form Rhynalds in Prague, NE. I'll also be dry-hopping it with them next week.

I think it's time for me to get back to basic beers. I've done the belgians, the fruit beers, the weird banana-muffin-vanilla-such-and-such beeers...What I really enjoy is a good PA, IPA, and dark-ish lagers like Marzens. I've also been trying to source some 1+g glass containers (pickle jars, old carlo rossi wine jugs, anything) for small-batches brewed on the stove-top. That way I can experiment quickly and without having two kegs of beer to drink that may not have turned out how I wanted (anyone want some Belgian blonde? I'm so tired of belgian beers...have I mentioned that yet??!?!)

Quote:
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #176
dpatrickv
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
I brewed a Honey Cascade beer seat-of-my-pants last weekend. Hoping for big honey aroma/flavor from the malt (have used before but never got enough of it) as I used 2lbs. in 9g batch. The cascades were whole-hops form Rhynalds in Prague, NE. I'll also be dry-hopping it with them next week.

I think it's time for me to get back to basic beers. I've done the belgians, the fruit beers, the weird banana-muffin-vanilla-such-and-such beeers...What I really enjoy is a good PA, IPA, and dark-ish lagers like Marzens. I've also been trying to source some 1+g glass containers (pickle jars, old carlo rossi wine jugs, anything) for small-batches brewed on the stove-top. That way I can experiment quickly and without having two kegs of beer to drink that may not have turned out how I wanted (anyone want some Belgian blonde? I'm so tired of belgian beers...have I mentioned that yet??!?!)
I'll steal a couple bottles from ya tonight when I pick up my grain!
Abomination - Scarlet and Cream Pale Ale - Out of Season White Nectarine IPA - Summer Session #3
Primary/Secondary
Hipster Pumpkin Squash Ale; Ominous Cranberry Dark Saison

Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #177
tre9er
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatrickv View Post
I'll steal a couple bottles from ya tonight when I pick up my grain!
OK, I might be bottling them when you get there, in fact. They're in the keg now.

Quote:

Old 03-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #178
BSDrews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er
The cascades were whole-hops form Rhynalds in Prague, NE. I'll also be dry-hopping it with them next week.

)
Have you used their hops before? I talked with them and they said $20/pound for cascade. A little higher than I might be able to find, but I feel supporting local growers would be worth it.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #179
tre9er
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDrews View Post
Have you used their hops before? I talked with them and they said $20/pound for cascade. A little higher than I might be able to find, but I feel supporting local growers would be worth it.
This is first time, but I know that Blue Blood and Empyrean breweries both have used them (Blue Blood uses them exclusively, or did at one time). For fresh local hops that's really not a bad price, though. You can also buy them by the ounce and one of their guys will meet you in Lincoln (Two of them work for BNSF), which is cool (no shipping).

Quote:

Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #180
davebstock
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I will be doing a vanilla creme ale and the Odell's easy street wheat beer this weekend. Going to split the wheat and make a citrus and a raspberry wheat in secondary.

1 Timothy 5:23

BigRedHopHead Likes This 

Quick Reply