SE Nebraska Group Buy Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 4 gallon glass jugs waiting for you, just let me know when you want them. I live just off of 14th and South St if you would like to pick them up some time..

I'm going that way tonight, but guessing this is too late. email me or text me 402.601.9415

....I had no idea that you could successfully grow hops in Nebraska. I don't have any room at my house but my family does have a 125 acre farm by Waverly..... Hmm. Are hop plants forgiving of let's say not a whole lot of attention? I'd plant them but maybe not be back to visit for a week at a time. I'm thinking since they can grow so high using some sort of a-frame with descending rope for them to climb.

I cant remember what they need off the start, but imagine they need attention for a while. What about starting them in pots and transplanting them?

Centennial Hops Rhizomes...................

Well, today I received the Centennial Rhizomes from Nikobrew...What a disappointment.
To put it bluntly, they're crap! They were very poorly packed and arrived with all the buds beat off of them. I have serious doubts any will be viable.

My apologies to those who had hoped to purchase some of these, but I can't in good conscious sell them in such poor condition.

The other disappointment is the poor customer service and run around I'm receiving from Nikobrew. I will be taking all my future business elsewhere. I cannot recommend Nikobrew.

Regrets,
Keith

Are you going to try returning them? If your stuck with them, I could try growing a few and pay you for anything that takes.

So what's everybody brewin up with your discounted grains?

I just brewed up a vienna lager that I need to do a diacetyl rest on, then move lager. (Since this was a smaller beer, I'm discard the lager yeast I saved from the dopplebock, and save this yeast instead.)

Next up, an imperial sweet stout with Creme Brulee from southern tier in mind.

I'm doing a few historical British brews from the Barclay Perkins blog. Just did the 1952 Lee's Best Mild, and am planning to do the 1911 Russell AK for a good late spring drinker.

I've made several beers since the buy, a nugget pale ale, belgian blonde, cascade PA, and now Ale Cascarillo (cascade/amarillo blend, mostly late-hopped). I need more kegs! If only someone had a bunch of them and could part with 1 or 2..... ;)

anyone know whom to contact for the Omaha group buys? I looked around on here but didn't see a thread.

Any plans for another order this summer?

Probably in the July/August range. I just checked last night and I have about 70lbs. of 2-row and probably 40lbs. of pale ale malt, 15lbs. of C40, 15lbs. Honey, and 5lbs. Vienna. That should last me a few months, especially since I've been brewing more sessionable beers in the 40's OG.

For the Omaha buy, the guy's name is Kent Porter, and here's his email address to be added to the list:

kentbporter at gmail dot com

Probably in the July/August range. I just checked last night and I have about 70lbs. of 2-row and probably 40lbs. of pale ale malt, 15lbs. of C40, 15lbs. Honey, and 5lbs. Vienna. That should last me a few months, especially since I've been brewing more sessionable beers in the 40's OG.

For the Omaha buy, the guy's name is Kent Porter, and here's his email address to be added to the list:

kentbporter at gmail dot com

I'm in need of another group buy soon. Might need to go all out this time around and get a couple sacks of MO and 2-row this time. I'm almost out of the ones I bought last time.

Any interest in a eastern NE group buy?

I would be in for a couple bags of grain, and possibly other items as well.

I am hoping one of the guys that have put these buys together in the past will pick up on this.

I have never put together a purchase, and don't have any contacts for the usual suppliers.

processhead said:
I am hoping one of the guys that have put these buys together in the past will pick up on this.

I have never put together a purchase, and don't have any contacts for the usual suppliers.

Yeah I've never even gotten into one but now that I am brewing a lot I could certainly use a bulk buy.

OK, we'll start another one soon. I'm working with a guy who has a trick software setup to handle these buys. I'll contact him and see if it's ready. Lord knows I don't have much time to keep it all straight right now, but I'm running low on grain, too.

I'm in for another. Would be great if we can find some continental pilsener malt (i.e. weyermann). Breiss is fine for 90% of grain, but after making a few lagers with their pils I will now always get a european pils instead. Just not the same.

Major update, guys:

Getting a much larger price list from vendor today. Will be entering it into the new website for group buy organization (that's sorta in beta) that I worked with a HBT user to create (he did all the work, to be fair). This will allow you to create a profile and place your order on the site, modify, etc. and see your total real-time, adjusted for shipping proportion, etc.

Details to come. I will post a new thread once it's all squared away and link it here.

tre9er said:
Major update, guys:

Getting a much larger price list from vendor today. Will be entering it into the new website for group buy organization (that's sorta in beta) that I worked with a HBT user to create (he did all the work, to be fair). This will allow you to create a profile and place your order on the site, modify, etc. and see your total real-time, adjusted for shipping proportion, etc.

Details to come. I will post a new thread once it's all squared away and link it here.

Sounds great. Thanks for putting everything together.

Major update, guys:

Thanks for your efforts!!!

Thanks for organizing this again, Tre. I'm in again. I haven't been on HBT as much lately, but I will do my best to check back every few days and take advantage!

Back