Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Reading, Lancaster, Allentown PA area HOP BUY

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #111
Driver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Sheesh yeah take your time and let us know if we can help. Seriously. We'll be thinking of you. Hang in there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 01:40 AM   #112
jeremy0209
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Condolences Tom.....I'm in no hurry.

Primary: :(
Secondary: Bourbon Barrel Porter
Kegs: Mental Health Day English Bitter
Up Next: The Lawnmower
Puzzle Piece Brewery on Facebook...when I'm not too lazy to update it.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #113
zimmerj81
Recipes 

You definitely have much more important things to deal with right now. I'm really sorry to hear all this.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #114
GermanRockit
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrep View Post
hey guys. Things massively changed on my end. I had to go to the hospital last night for testing for lyme disease. While there at about 10pm, we get a call saying they found my father in law dead at his house. Needless to say, i have a lot on my plate right now. Good thing for you guys is i doubt were going on out cruise now. The funeral and stuff is set up for sunday and monday. If there is any way we can hold off on the pickups, i'd really appreciate it. Sorry about all this. My life sucks right now.
Tom
Tom,

How long have you had the symptoms for Lyme? About 10 years ago I had the worst headache, virus, flu, sinus infection X2 for a few days heading up to me going to FL. I felt very sick for a few days. The sickness went away after a few days and I developed a rash all over my body. They were dime sized spots that grew out like ringworm. By the time I got home and went to the Doctor (about 2 ½ weeks0 they went away. The doctor put me on medication and sent me for tests. They came back that I had Lyme. I got retested after the meds and it was in remission. Good luck!

You and your family will be in my family’s thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if you need me for anything.

Take care.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #115
kds1398
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Condolences. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #116
TomRep
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers guys, means a lot. German- I've started fishing a lot this year now that my son is older. I found a small tick on my side about three weeks ago. I removed it and looked at it closely and it didn't seem to be a deer tick, but I figured I'd better watch the bite location to be sure. Everything was fine until the end of last week. The bite started to get a little red. By Sunday it was more red and by Tuesday, I had the bullseye. I'm on the meds for the disease now, so all should be good. However, they did a spinal tap on me in the hospital and about 20 minutes later is when we got the news of my father in law so we signed myself out and spent 45 minutes in the car going to his house. Well for anyone who knows anything about spinal taps, thats not a good thing! I have a killer headache now whenever I try to sit up. Yesterday trying to make the funeral arrangements was absolutley horrible. The hops should be in tomorrow and I'm not even sure I'll be at work to get them, so I may have to have my coworker drop them off here. Obviously my sickness is nothing compared to what my wife is going through right now. She lost her mom a couple years ago to MS, so she is suffering pretty good. I'll live, so send your thoughts and prayers her way. Her dad was an amazing man.
Tom

Abandoned Logic Brewing

Old 06-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #117
Sithdad
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Tom
I am very sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Please, pass my condolences onto your wife. As far as I am concerned take as much time as you need. Get well.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #118
jazzman
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tom,

Likewise, I'm in no hurry for these hops. I got bit 15 years ago by a tick and got the ring. Doctor for whatever reason was a little hesitant to issue antibiotics, but it cleared it all up. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father in law.
Peace
Eric

Old 06-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #119
Domes
Recipes 

Tom: My condolences to you and your family and hoping for the best with you health. I'm in on some hops with Brewsncrabs (Chis). The hops are the least important issue. Good luck! Thanks.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #120
jtkratzer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If I can be of any assistance with distributing the hops, please let me know. I'm not that far away.

My e-Brew Magic HERMS build

Quick Reply