Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- round 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, I can cover his, I was not sure if he got a hold of you or not. Just send me his total and I will pay.

TomRep said:
All the totals should be out. If you did not receive one via PM, let me know. Please check over my math. It should be right, but just make sure. PayPal fees are 2.9% + $0.30. Also, if your bringing cash or check in person, I need it before I place the order. All personal checks have to clear my account before the order is placed. Hoping to have it ordered for this Friday delivery, but it all depends on how the payments go. If your mailing a check, the address is the pickup location and my full name is Tom Reppert. And lastly, when you send your PayPal payment, please me sure to have your HBT screen name on there somewhere. Thanks!
Tom

Tom, I think some of that may be due to the paypal payment method. If you do a personal payment for "owe money", the person paying can elect to pay the fee so you don't have to. In that case the balance due would be the price without fee. This is not the case if they select payment for goods/services.

I sent as a gift, does that mean tom has to pay a fee? If so, I will pay it when I send money for koed.

No Mike, your good. It came through as your amount w/o fees. poolanex and Germanrockit, adding you as soon as I get done typing this

Hey guys sorry, I didn't realize that you ended up doing the 3rd palette, I haven't had much internet the past week. But cool I will take it.
Mike I can pay for it, if you can pick it up?
Thanks

Everyone is officially paid. Transferring the money to my bank tonight so it should be in there Tuesday or so. We can all plan on this delivery for Friday. I'll post more details and progress as it happens.
Tom

Money is being transerred to my account and should be there by wednesday or so. I have to deposit checks and cash tomorrow, so hopefully the order will be placed Wednesday. On to other things, the hop buy. Who is interested in the hop buy and when do we want to start it? I assume some of you are tapped out from the grain buy, so should I wait a couple weeks? Also, I have two potential venders for the hop buy. The one has a descent variety and nice "group buy" prices. The other is a bit more expensive, but has a huge variety. What do you guys want, variety or price? Either reply to the thread or shoot me a PM. Thanks!
tom

I'd definately be in for a hop buy. One variety I'd really like to see (which is almost impossible to find anyway) is citra.

If you started it now, by the time money was due it would be early April anyway.

miketedesco said:
I'd definately be in for a hop buy. One variety I'd really like to see (which is almost impossible to find anyway) is citra.

If you started it now, by the time money was due it would be early April anyway.

Yea man, I've been waiting for a hop group buy in the Lehigh Valley. I'm in as soon as one jumps off.

Tom, I might be in for a hop buy depending upon the vendor. I have been really unimpressed with the results I have gotten from hops direct's hops though. So if that is who you would using I'm gonna skip this one.

TomRep said:
Money is being transerred to my account and should be there by wednesday or so. I have to deposit checks and cash tomorrow, so hopefully the order will be placed Wednesday. On to other things, the hop buy. Who is interested in the hop buy and when do we want to start it? I assume some of you are tapped out from the grain buy, so should I wait a couple weeks? Also, I have two potential venders for the hop buy. The one has a descent variety and nice "group buy" prices. The other is a bit more expensive, but has a huge variety. What do you guys want, variety or price? Either reply to the thread or shoot me a PM. Thanks!
tom

I'm prefer price but whatever the general consensus is works for me.

Definitely NOT using hops direct. I tried to get with them for the last hop buy and they made it seem like I was wasting their time after waiting several days for a reply. Places I'm deciding on (so far) are B. Crosby again (excellent service last time) or Labelpeelers.
tom

I'm interested. Would rather use labelpeelers for the selection. I'd have to look last time I did they were sold out of a lot if hops. We def need to have one at harvest time!

I was watching at harvest time and even had an email into Blake Crosby to let me know when "the good stuff" was available. The availability was so limited that for a group buy, we never had a chance. If your dieing to get one of the hard to get hops, your better off grabbing it as soon as you see it available. Especially since we have no idea how the harvest is going to be this year.
tom

I’m sure the price difference isn’t major so I would pick variety. I’m running out of hops so the sooner the better.

I would be interested in a hop buy also... I'd be happy with variety. I bought from hopsdirect two weeks after they went on sale and a lot of the pellets sold out so i was forced to get whole leaf....still looking for some pellet variety.

What are typical min order quantities? I might be interested in some, but if I had to get 5 lbs of one variety, that would kill it for me.
Edit: leaf or pellet, but leaning more and more toward leaf

What are typical min order quantities? I might be interested in some, but if I had to get 5 lbs of one variety, that would kill it for me.
Edit: leaf or pellet, but leaning more and more toward leaf

Last time from B Crosby IIRC it was pellet only & 1lb quantities though we did end up with something like 10-11lb of one variety (which meant we could order a larger pack for a discount, but the hops had to be divided up at Tom's house).

My preference is more for variety, but either vendor is fine with me & I'm ready for the buy ASAP. Crosby seems extremely limited when compared to the last buy, and they were pretty limited then.

Amarillo, Centennial, Citra, Falconer's Flight, 7C's, Simcoe, & Zythos are all sold out on both sites... Not sure if they are getting more in or if they have additional varieties available for purchase that aren't advertised.

As kds1398 mentioned, the minimum buy in amount would be 1 lb of whatever variety. With Crosby, if we hit 11lb of any vartiety, the price came down a bit per pound. I think that would also happen with Labelpeeler with some varieties, just not sure if it would happen with all. With Labelpeelers, shipping may also be a little cheaper since they are in CT (I believe?). Another thing to watch out for with Labelpeelers is some varieties are ONLY available in 11lb lots, so if we don't hit 11lbs of that variety, we're SOL. I have some varieties that I compared prices with, when I get home I will post them up. I think Cascade for instance was $9.05/lb from Crosby, and $10 and change from LP. It seems variety is the preference right now but I will post some prices up and see what everyone thinks.
Tom

Back