Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Pittsburgh/Western Group Buy #6
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #101
brewguyver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Was pretty good - Got the SWMBO her new car (although 4.5 hours at the dealership - ugh) and then went to a home wine tasting with her coworkers. A few were wondering when I'm doing a beer tasting.

Right now I'm sitting in my rental that I had my malt in. Left it here last night so I'd have it when I took my old car up to trade in. The rental has a great "new malt smell" to it. It reeks of marris otter ... in a good way. Those car rental folks are going to be very confused on Monday morning .

Brewguyver - the man who does everything wrong so you won't have to!

Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #102
argyle
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Tangled Up In Brew III

Although not related to the group buy, I wanted to make all of you aware of a home brew event and competition happening on October 12, from 6 - 9 PM, in Connellsville, PA.

The event is titled Tangled Up In Brew and this is the third year. They just opened registration for all home brewers. The event is hosted by the city of Connellsville. All proceeds go to fund community projects in the city.

I have participated in the previous two competitions and have had a lot of fun. All the home brewers involved supply the beer and serve it themselves to people who have paid to attend the event. There are prizes, such as, best name, best beer, most unique beer. For participating, brewers will get in free and receive an additional free ticket for a guest to this event, which includes a glass. Even if you cannot brew for the event, you can inquire about buying a ticket to attend.

I want to get the word out because its a great time, for a good cause, and an opportunity to try other brewers' beers. The event is held outside, the last two events have had bands, but I'm unsure about this year's competition.

If you have any questions, you may PM me. I am not part of the planning, but may be able to answer your questions or put you in touch with people who can give you answers.

I have emailed brewguyver a message titled "Tangled Up In Brew" which contains an attachment. I have asked him to forward the email to all of you. In the attachment you will find a multi-page information sheet and sign up form. brewguyver will not have much information, besides what is in the email that I sent him, so please direct the questions to me or to the contact information in the attachment.

I hope some of you can attend and share your delicious brew with appreciative tasters.

Take care and see you all there!

Argyle

P.S. If you are sure you want to participate, it would be a good idea to register early so that the planners can have an idea of how many brewers will participate,otherwise, I do not know the cutoff date for registration.

Forgot to mention that all internet searches will direct you to information for the past two events. I have not seen any information posted on Facebook or in the news about this years event. I am sure something will be posted. Just letting you know to avoid any confusion.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #103
argyle
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Just an update on the Tangled Up In Brew competition. The organizers have sent out an email asking brewers to respond soon to reserve their spot for the competition. They are not asking that the full application be completed yet, that can be completed later.

If interested and need more information or application contact: tangledbrew@gmail.com

Also, if you want to attend to be a sampler and not a brewer, tickets are $13 dollars prepaid and $15 at the event.

You can also check out their facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tangl...40169132762378

Good Day!

Old 09-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #104
coyote68
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 152 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Can't make the tangled up in brew. there is an octoberfest in indiana pa that day.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #105
brewguyver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I may be at tangled up - the Nelson blonde and citra cream ales I thought were bad turned out to be great after carbing. Too many high ABV/IBU hydrometer samples put me in a new brewer panic (acetobacter invasion - ahhhhhhhhh - I'll never brew again !!!!!).

Related to infections, I have my starters from the EBB/EBY going in 15 ml tubes, and will pitch into 250 ml starters this weekend. If anyone's still interested, I'll pull off samples once the 250 ml starters are done. I can bring them to the nov group buy.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #106
brewguyver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Related note - sorry for the delay on getting out the contingency totals. I just got home from wedding/honeymoon last night. Everything went great - I just didn't have time to do any non wedding stuff before I left. I plan on catching up this weekend.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #107
Weezy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 189 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 118

I'd love a couple slants of the EBB/EBY, if you're willing!

Old 09-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #108
argyle
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I have heard from a few other brewers who are planning to attend as a result of this posting. Hope to see you there!

Congratulations on your wedding!

Old 09-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #109
argyle
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Last day to sign up for Tangled Up In Brew as a brewer is October 1st, 2013.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #110
coyote68
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 152 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 46

brewguyver... if you have any of the EBB/EBY samples left i'd love some.

thanks and congrats on the wedding.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply