Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > North East OHIO group grain buy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #111
pola0502ds
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This message is for everyone who is involved.

As you know, my laptop was stolen and it had everyone’s information about this group grain buy. Don't worry, its password protected and there is no way for them to get into the computer without replacing the hard drive. I now have e-mail access from a different computer by logging on to the internet and going to a special website.

Everyday I remember of something that I had on that computer that I could really use. I lost everyone’s email, grain order, chemical order, and everything else.

Where do we stand? I submitted the product codes for each bag of grain and yesterday afternoon they requested that I resubmit it with the codes but with actual names for some reason. So that’s what I need to do, I only have a computer a work so I need to do that at work. Right now I am slammed so one day soon I will have to do that and at the same time make a new spread sheet. Hopefully I can do this today to keep everything moving.

What I need for everyone to do is please send me an email with all your contact information, your order, how you plan to pick up, pay, your location, and phone number. In the subject line please type : “Group Grain Buy”. I ask for your location so I can figure out who will pick up whose grain if they live in the same area. I ask for your phone number because once I get the quote back I am going to call you to confirm everything and on top of that, if say country malt group is out of a grain you selected I want to quickly call you and ask what you want to replace it with. That way I won’t have to wait for you to log onto HBT and respond, point is to keep this moving.

My e-mail again is Dave@crowescabinets.com

Please, please, be patient with me. I have spent a TON of time trying to get this group grain buy squared away and with a little more time we can complete it. I don't want something like this to shut it down. Steve Dragon contacted me and said that he was going on vacation and won't be back for 2 weeks so he over paid and sent me the money. So there is no backing out now!

Like I said, please hang in there and we will get this done. If you can't wait, just post here or email me. I'm sure if someone drops off, people who are already in the group buy will pick it up. If not, I will.

Thanks everyone. I am very sorry about this. You all have my phone number, if you need to talk to me please call.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #112
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

also, if you know any of the other members who are involved with this group buy, please personally e-mail them so they can provide me with the requested information that way we can move forward with this asap.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #113
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Okay, so I sent in the updated quote request. I talked to country malt group and they are going to expedite quote. I should have it back within 48 hours. Most people are paying by paypal so I should have most of the money which will allow me to place the order by thursday or Friday. Some are sending checks and I will place the order before I receive them. So hopefully the order will be placed this week and receive the order by the begining of next week.

Thanks again everyone.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #114
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I got the invoice back! I will be sending invoices tonight hopefully.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #115
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

last updated 7:38am 8/25

Update:

I will post in the thread who has paid and who has not. Check often to see it updated.

Right now we got the invoice back, i went ahead and just paid for it. IT should be here Friday or Monday. I will need a day or so to process everyones order such as seperating each bag and labeling them with your name so when you come to get it, you won't have to wait.

BBBrew - paid
Crackhead7 - paid
JLB922 - paid
ShaneCB - paid
Logdrum - paid
JohnR - paid
Msheppa - paid
Akurk - paid
Sdragon - tried to pay but did not go through, he is on vacation and will pay when he returns.
Super Junior - not paid, I cannot get in touch with him and he never checks this thread.
Dave Mathews - paid
Pola0502ds - paid

If anyone knows super junior please contact him and tell him the invoice came in, I paid for it, and I need payment. His total is $34.53

People are sending me payment through paypal but I am paying their transaction fee. Either when you send the money mark it so you pay it yourself or you send it as a gift. Or you can send me a check or bring cash with you when you pick it up. When you pick up your order a copy of your invoice will be avaiable to view.

The shipping was a lot cheaper than expected. It was $85 plus $17.00 for fuel so it worked out that everyone paid $2.08 per item. I estimated the shipping at $132 total.

For future reference, you cannot order white labs items from Country Malt Group because they don't stock anything, all white lab products are dropped shipped which increases the shipping. At first I thought they just didn't want to sell to home brewers but I got to the bottom of it.

I will keep everyone posted as to when it arrives.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #116
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The posting above has been updated.

Sdragon and Super Junior are the only ones left. Sdragon did attempt to pay me before he left on vacation but the paypal transaction did not go through. He will pay when he returns. I cannot get in touch with super junior.

As of 11am today, the grains have not arrived. I will post a picture of the most beautiful pallet once it arrives! Hopefully that will be today.

Also, if you want someone to pick up your grain please start posting to find out who is where and who can pick up your grain. There are a few people doing this but i know I have people from akron, cleveland, and pittsburgh areas.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #117
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just got a call from Country Malt Group and it didn't ship yet. There was a item Dave Mathews ordered that they did not have in stock, special aromatic malt. I had to call him and have him change what he wanted to something they had in stock. It will now ship today or monday.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #118
Sdragon980
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Hey Dave, I am back in the states but still traveling. I got a message stating that you haven't accepted the payment from paypal. Ill dbl check the email address again when I get home tonight. If all else fails Ill bring u cash when I pi k it up.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:23 AM   #119
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

No problem, i never got an email asking to accept it. Just bring the money with you, i already paid for everything.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #120
pola0502ds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The grain has arrived!!!!

Man that was fast, they must have shipped it after we made the change. Lets figure grain pick ups later this week and through out the weekend except for saturday. I will be gone saturday.

Quick Reply