NEW Chicago bulk buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take the other pound of cascade hops. Are there any other hops that anyone wants to order? If so are we able to?

We can order other hops, but the pricing will be higher than the prices listed in the bulk catalog I sent you because those prices are for 11 pound increments. More in line with the home brew pricing.

Getting a quote today. I will try to post it later today, or tomorrow morning. The earliest I can pick it up is next Tuesday. If some of you can hook up with me prior, we can do payment then. Otherwise I will most likely float everybody and you can pay me when you pick up. (If we do payment at pick up time, it would have to be cash.)

Please see below. This is copied from an e-mail from Mid-Country. So it looks like some of the spices will not be coming. Is this a deal breaker for anyone? I am trying to find out what, if any, of the other items are not in stock.

Attached is your quote. I am not allowed to sell home brewers Brewcraft items. So out of your misc list I could only sell you the sweet orange, the syrup and the PBW. I was able to sell you sweet orange because we also carry it under a vendor known as Sanfran Herb. Once you were to approve this quote I would turn it over into an invoice. Please be advised I also believe my Mid-Country facility is Out of Stock on the Belgian Candy Syrup and the 1# Mt Hood hops. There may be a bag or two shortage on grain I will look into that more for you. I am sorry for the inconvenience and please get back to me as soon as you can with any questions or concerns.

I am perfectly happy to send you money via paypal so you aren't floating me until I pick my sacks up, otherwise I'll just give you cash next week.

Please see below. This is copied from an e-mail from Mid-Country. So it looks like some of the spices will not be coming. Is this a deal breaker for anyone? I am trying to find out what, if any, of the other items are not in stock.

Attached is your quote. I am not allowed to sell home brewers Brewcraft items. So out of your misc list I could only sell you the sweet orange, the syrup and the PBW. I was able to sell you sweet orange because we also carry it under a vendor known as Sanfran Herb. Once you were to approve this quote I would turn it over into an invoice. Please be advised I also believe my Mid-Country facility is Out of Stock on the Belgian Candy Syrup and the 1# Mt Hood hops. There may be a bag or two shortage on grain I will look into that more for you. I am sorry for the inconvenience and please get back to me as soon as you can with any questions or concerns.

So the puree and hop bag is out but the Sweet Orange, PBW and the Belgian Candi Syrup is ok but they are out of the Belgian # 2 that I requested? If that’s the case I will still take the sweet orange, pbw and if they have the regular dark Belgian candi syrup I will take a case of that. If they are out of that as well then I can just order the syrup next time. If I am reading this wrong and I can’t get anything besides the grain that is fine just let me know.

And as for the question about the distillers malt it is just basic malt used for making spirits and has a bit more diastic power / protein. Not that I am one to do such a thing.;) let’s say I use it as animal feed!

I cannot believe no one wants in on a Star San split at $29.50 a gallon. The LHBS sells quarts for $32 around here!!!

OK, here are the final orders and prices.

ryanof - 2 sacks 2-row and 2 sacks pilsen. Cost - $122

ThatGuyRyan - 2 sacks distiller's malt, 1 sack vienna, 1 sack C-60 (minus 10 lbs. that I am taking), 1 sack C-75, 1 orange peel, 1 belgian sugar, 1 PBW. Cost - $248

Bilboa51 - 1 sack 2 row, 1 sack MO, 5 lbs. cascade hops. Cost - $106

Randar - 1 sack MO, 1 sack peat malt, 1 sack optic, 1 bag Briess DME, 1/4 sack C-120, 1 lb. Mt. Hood hops, 1 lb. Tettnang hops. Cost - $268

Schnibbz - 2 sacks 2 row, 1 sack flaked corn, 2 lbs. cascade hops, 1/4 sack C-120. Cost - $114

pomalley44 - 1 sack 2 row, 2 sacks MO. Cost - $113

All prices rounded to the nearest dollar for ease of transaction. I am planning to pick up from Mid Country on Tuesday morning. Pick up can be anytime after that. I will PM each of you my address and cell number.

I cannot believe no one wants in on a Star San split at $29.50 a gallon. The LHBS sells quarts for $32 around here!!!

Yes that is a good price. My brew partner's brother works for a place that makes the stuff (different name, of course) and gave us each a gallon for a 12 pack of beer! I am set forever :mug:. It appears to be the same stuff farmers use to clean cow teats. Bet you could pick some at a Farm and Fleet.

For those who want the malt analysis, see below.

George,

All of our malt analysis is now available on our website. It’s in the top right hand corner and all you have to do is enter your lot number and all the information on the grain is right there for you. Let me know if you need any help

Karrie J

I just sent you an email and I am free after work the rest of the week or all day Saturday. Just let me know what works best!

I didn't order from this but I'm glad to see another source for group buys launched up here in Chicago! Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling ok on these to save everyone money. I run out of my grain all too quickly. I never order enough.

I believe the LME and gluten free stuff is available as well.

I called them about the GF extract before and it wasn't available. That was a while ago, so it would be great if this has changed.

Back