MD/DC grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
y'all registered, stephin?

stonebrewer and i are all set, as is another DC buddy of mine (also on HBT but not as active, as far as i can tell). should be a good number of us there. we're lucky it's within driving distance. NHC 2014 will be in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Thanks again for managing this group buy. I'd like to put in for a number of bags.

1 x GW-2ROW
1 x GW-O2RP
1 x BZ-MUNH
1 x TF-MOPA
2 x BM-5323 (Red Wheat)
1 x BM-5374 (Caramel 60L)

I don't think I have your email anymore so please PM with that and the total due. Also, I'll be coming from Frederick so if anyone up north wants me to pick up their order just let me know.

Thanks again!

That would be a HUGE help for me! Just with my normal routine it makes it very complicated to get down there.

No Problem. I should be able to handle 12-15 bags in my WRX with the seats down, and maybe 1-2 riding shotgun. Performance might suffer a bit though....

Stefin,

What do you usually keep on hand aside from PBW and Star San?Is there anyway to buy "specialty" malts (like Crystal malts) in smaller quantities, or would i have to go with half or full sack?

Also wanted to know how you and the others store your grains and what the approx shelf life was (unmilled of course).

One last thing. Have you or has anyone else here ever bought yeast (dry) in bulk, or is that just a bad idea?

Thanks in advance........

Tony

Stefin,

What do you usually keep on hand aside from PBW and Star San?Is there anyway to buy "specialty" malts (like Crystal malts) in smaller quantities, or would i have to go with half or full sack?

Also wanted to know how you and the others store your grains and what the approx shelf life was (unmilled of course).

One last thing. Have you or has anyone else here ever bought yeast (dry) in bulk, or is that just a bad idea?

Thanks in advance........

Tony
I keep around candy sugar, and cara pils.
I feel that properly stored you have about 18 months for the grain.... who knows after that.
why would you ever want that much dry yeast? dont forget, it DOES have a shelf life. if you really wanna hoard, you have to slant.

I'd like to add a few sacks to this order:

8 x CM-2ROW
1 x CM-RYEM
1 x CM-WHET

PM me a price estimate if possible?

Thanks!

can anyone give me a quick rundown on where the meets are to pick up grain and how folks are paying for these grain? i've been looking through this thread and can't find a thing... 114 pages is a long thread...

Also, I'm in the Ellicott City area and would love a bag of 2 Row.

This is filling up a lot quicker than the last group buy I was in. Stephin - Are you still going to go for 2 pallets for this month?

Pick up is Tacoma park. Pay cash or Paypal. Bring samples

I'm home sick ( norovirus sucks) so I don't have the spreadsheet, but were probably at about 65 or 82 bags.

I'm about 2.5 hours away, but can come up to DC on a Sunday for pickup. If it's doable, then I'd like 4 bags:

TF‐MOPA x1
GW‐O2RP x2
GW‐OWHT x1

Please let me know. Thanks, Winter

I'd like to add a few bags if the buy is still open:

1 x BD-MOPA
1 x FB-PILS
1X BZ-SMOK

Is anyone in the odenton/severn MD area that is going to pick up a group buy in DC? Would be interested in pooling resources.

I'd like to add a few bags if the buy is still open:

1 x BD-MOPA
1 x FB-PILS
1X BZ-SMOK

Is anyone in the odenton/severn MD area that is going to pick up a group buy in DC? Would be interested in pooling resources.
there are people from out there, flytact is severna i think

I'm about 2.5 hours away, but can come up to DC on a Sunday for pickup. If it's doable, then I'd like 4 bags:

TF‐MOPA x1
GW‐O2RP x2
GW‐OWHT x1

Please let me know. Thanks, Winter
sundays are doable
Add a bag of the BD-MOPA for me. Also...need to pick-up my last order this week (Friday or Saturday) let me know if either work for you.
firday is good :)

If you aren't full on this one i'd like to add the following. Do you still have StarSan?

1x BZ‐PILS
1x BZ‐MUNH

they have never questioned the sugar, and i keep a decent ammount of that on hand... I think i asked about the puree and they said no, i can always ask again.

ok. Ill get the sugar from you. If they change thier mind on the fruit I will order a few cans.

thanks

im caught up.... were at 80 bags. I need to asses my supply before I allow any more. feel free to keep posting... but there are no guarantees.

also, my back already hurts thinking about 2 pallats of grain!

im caught up.... were at 80 bags. I need to asses my supply before I allow any more.

Woohoo :)

Btw... I'm getting ready to sell my Blichmann beergun and accessory kit (used once) on either ebay or craigslist. If you need one, I'll trade you straight up for the sack of MO I requested. I don't mind taking a loss if it's going to a good home (and I don't have to pack/ship/meet anything) :)

If you don't need one, no worries... I can pay in My Little Ponies... or cash. Your call :)

Woohoo :)

Btw... I'm getting ready to sell my Blichmann beergun and accessory kit (used once) on either ebay or craigslist. If you need one, I'll trade you straight up for the sack of MO I requested. I don't mind taking a loss if it's going to a good home (and I don't have to pack/ship/meet anything) :)

If you don't need one, no worries... I can pay in My Little Ponies... or cash. Your call :)

I have one I could never figure out :)

Depending on how soon this goes in I'd be happy to step back to just the half sack of Maris Otter if it would let someone else in on this.

Back