Houston, TX Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really random but would anyone have some wlp001 or 1056 washed that they wouldn't mind sharing? Gunna be making some ipas and think the ones I got washed might be infected.

I have some second generation 001 that has been sitting in the fridge for 3 months.
It may not be very viable and I don't own a pressure canner, so if you want to risk it I can bring it over.

FYI
I made a starter of my first generation wash that was 6 months old.
Took 36 hours to take off but it now appears to be healthy. I plan on stepping it up again tonight and brew on Sunday.

Alright grains in my house everything is correct. Sounds like 11 tomorrow is the consensus. Again if yall want others to take your please let me know or I might be calling you tomorrow morning.
Mredge if you don't mind sharing that yeast it sounds fine to me. my last batch has a slight metal taste so I don't really want to waste a whole batch if my yeast is bad

Are you planning on picking up in galveston on saturday? i could come by when you get back to Humble.

I'll pick up Saturday morning, but then I have to head straight to work. I won't get home until almost midnight. I'll PM you my address.

Thanks crazy eyes! This is what my cold room looks like now...time to brew A LOT of beer

image-1664541703.jpg

Thanks crazy eyes! This is what my cold room looks like now...time to brew A LOT of beer

Nice! You'll be busy for a while! Sorry I didn't stick around to meet some of the other SW Houston folks. The kids were ancy to get to the beach!

Drop me a PM if anyone on the SW side of Houston wants to get together for a brew session or a beer. I am free just about any evening and the weekends.

Ashford (Gregg).

And thanks again Steve for organizing and doing all the work on this group buy!

Nice little stash of grain there.
Glad everyone will now be able to make way too much beer. Thanks for the beer that was brought I'll let yall know what I thought of it with my very limited knowledge. Just PM me when everyone starts to run out again and we can start up round two, hopefully not for several months though.

Thanks steveb for making all this happen. I appreciate you holding my grains till Sunday. Would have been a little odd for me to ask the bellhop to cart 250 pounds of grain to my room in Houston. What better way to cap off a bachelor party weekend than coming home with a pile of beer in the rough.

damn, just missed it! Let me know if there is another group buy anytime soon; I'd be in for 3-4 bags of grain and 1-2 lbs of hops.

same here, I got my grain mill all set up and ready right as this buy was ending

I'd be interested in a couple sacks next time round.

The link to the PDF seems to 404 now. Anyone know of a new price sheet?

It looks like we're getting close to another pallet's worth of grain. I'll take 4 sacks or so. I have a truck and garage space to store if that helps.

Should we start a new thread for Houston Group Buy Round 2?

Other group buy threads had the updated catalog. Here's the link: Country Malt Group Sales Book 2012

Not sure if they ship to TX, doesn't really state that in the sales book, but I believe these are the people that were involved the first time around.

A single pallet can hold 42 sacks and would weigh ~2310 lb. For prices, look at the 2000-4000 lb value.

Also, I'm down for 2 sacks, but would also be interested in splitting some bags if anyone wants to do that. I'd be down with splitting a bag of wheat and maybe a bag of Munich. Let me know if you're interested!

I PM'd stevebuscemi to see if he's interested or could send me who he talked to. I don't mind organizing the buy this time and I think we should start a new thread. I'll do that tonight if stevebucemi doesn't reply and want to coordinate things again. Looks like at least 20 bags so far.

vallensons - 5
barrooze - 2
BrewHaas - 2
slappy1974 - ? (1)
gForcex64 - ? (1)
Tengallon - 3
MacGyver22 - 4
schaez - 2

Back