Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Group grain buy Pittsburgh / Western PA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #101
bja
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepystevenson View Post
Just bumping this thread back up onto the radar!
The way I understand it, the first pallet is ordered. Any update on the possibility of a second?
Did you guys pay bugman for your order? I haven't.

I know it just wouldn't be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet, but do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course?

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #102
logdrum
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 24

No I haven't, but only because I haven't been asked to. Ready, willing and able, just waiting on the word.

-d

Old 03-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #103
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

I'm interested as well on the status of a second pallet.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #104
bja
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts

I can't believe he would've placed the order without us paying first. I certainly wouldn't.

I know it just wouldn't be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet, but do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course?

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #105
bugman9317
Recipes 

Hey guys, I am just waiting to here back from the shipping company. I am running into a problem with getting it delivered. I wanted to get it delivered to my home address where I have a place to put it until everyone can pick it up. I have a small office in town but I don't have anywhere to receive a pallet. The problem lies in the shipping company. If it is a commercial address the shipping is $110 plus the fuel charge on the pallet. If it is a residential address they want $219.00 plus the fuel charge. If it is that much the shipping is like $5.73 per bag compared to $3.21 if it is commercial address. I am trying to get a hold of PJAX to see if I can pick the pallet up at their main hub which is like 7 miles from me and get the commercial price for shipping since they don't have to deliver it.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #106
logdrum
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman9317 View Post
Hey guys, I am just waiting to here back from the shipping company. I am running into a problem with getting it delivered. I wanted to get it delivered to my home address where I have a place to put it until everyone can pick it up. I have a small office in town but I don't have anywhere to receive a pallet. The problem lies in the shipping company. If it is a commercial address the shipping is $110 plus the fuel charge on the pallet. If it is a residential address they want $219.00 plus the fuel charge. If it is that much the shipping is like $5.73 per bag compared to $3.21 if it is commercial address. I am trying to get a hold of PJAX to see if I can pick the pallet up at their main hub which is like 7 miles from me and get the commercial price for shipping since they don't have to deliver it.
If it turns out to be a bother, I for one, can certainly live with an additional $2.52/bag shipping. No big deal.

-d

Old 03-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #107
sleepystevenson
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Bugman -

I would assume that PJAX will let you pick it up at their hub, as we have done that before with other carries. But if it doesnt:

I don't know if this would help or not, but I have a commercial steel fabrication business, with forktrucks, loading dock, etc. and have plenty of storage room. You are welcome to have them delivered here. HOWEVER - I am about 35-40 miles from Butler in the West Middlesex / Pulaski, PA area. I know that this would be good for Hermit and his crew, as he is much closer to me, but I don't know how that would work out for all the guys closer to Pittsburgh. If you could have one guy come up with his truck and pick up all the bags for the 'Burgh area, maybe it would work out (I am about 1 hr's drive from the city). I can help load. It's no problem if you don't wanna deliver them here - just wanted to give you the option. Might be worth it to save $110 in freight. Feel free to PM me to further discuss - I would be happy to give you my cell number to discuss that way, as well.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #108
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Are we still going forward with a second pallet or was there not enough interest? Thanks again.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #109
sleepystevenson
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Hey Scut - I am hoping for a second pallet, too, as I don't have any on the first. Haven't heard anything yet, however it seems like there is definitely interest. Of course, it's all up to Bugman, as he's the one w/ the North Country Malt account!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #110
Hermit
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I wouldn't worry too much. Bugman is being patient and checking out options.

Quick Reply