Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
me and wegz15 are looking one or preferably two more people to split sack of Aromatic Malt (BZ‐ARO 0.68 per lb), any takers?

Anyone need a 15” stainless false bottom?

I might, you have pictures? How much? how high up in a keggle does that sit from the bottom? I am upgrading from a cooler mashtun and it seems most people use like 12" false bottoms?

Can people confirm with the EKG so we can get it on the order? If Demon goes for 2 pounds then we've filled up the 11# of EKG as follows:
TBU - 2
Polboy - 1
Wegz - 1
FastEd - 2
Demon - 1 or 2
TOB - 1
Opteek - 1
Bilboa - 1
Demon if you don't want a second pound Cadwallion would be in for one.

Also who wants to sacrifice their vacuum sealer?

Can people confirm with the EKG so we can get it on the order? If Demon goes for 2 pounds then we've filled up the 11# of EKG as follows:
TBU - 2
Polboy - 1
Wegz - 1
FastEd - 2
Demon - 1 or 2
TOB - 1
Opteek - 1
Bilboa - 1

Looks good to me, also i dont need it sealed, im going to divide it in to 2-3oz portions anyway

Also i have washed slurry from 3068, 3711, 3787 and orval, most likely i will add US04 and 05 and maybe notty to my collection before pickup date. Yeasts are in 50ml tubes with at least 30ml slurry (if have to guess its close to 100bil) ready for 1.5-3L starters. I have 2-3 tubes of each to give away so let me know if you want any, if there is few takers and Bill is ok with it i could bring it all when picking up my grain, i could use styrofoam box with some ice packs so it would stay cold for a while, anyway let me know

I have a larger temp controlled chest freezer where it can be stored during pick ups.

Also i have washed slurry from 3068, 3711, 3787 and orval, most likely i will add US04 and 05 and maybe notty to my collection before pickup date. Yeasts are in 50ml tubes with at least 30ml slurry (if have to guess its close to 100bil) ready for 1.5-3L starters. I have 2-3 tubes of each to give away so let me know if you want any, if there is few takers and Bill is ok with it i could bring it all when picking up my grain, i could use styrofoam box with some ice packs so it would stay cold for a while, anyway let me know

I could use a vial of 3068.

TBU - 2
Polboy - 1
Wegz - 1
FastEd - 2
Demon - 1 or 2
TOB - 1
Opteek - 1
Bilboa - 1

I'm in for my two pounds

If you have any 3711 left, I'll take one. I have some 1272 in some mason jars if anybody wants them(I have 2 available)

fasteddie1101 said:
If you have any 3711 left, I'll take one. I have some 1272 in some mason jars if anybody wants them(I have 2 available)

maybe we should be posting the yeast exchange in the yeast bank/exchange thread?

TheOneBuz said:
Is there a spreadsheet that I should be checking or, just the PMs?

Are you buying grain also? I've been sending it to people who are participating in the grain group buy. Maybe someone can send you the link since I am not near a computer.

bmason1623 said:
Are you buying grain also? I've been sending it to people who are participating in the grain group buy. Maybe someone can send you the link since I am not near a computer.

Yep. I will check it once I get it.

I'm in for my pound of ekg.

Also, false bottoms fit right where keg bottom starts to curve.

Looking for 70 each

ForumRunner_20120617_132909.jpg

ForumRunner_20120617_132946.jpg

Hello,

I am new to the sight and am interested in possibly making a purchase or a split depending on what is available.

I saw the link with the PDF for the pricing I think.

How do I get started?

Thanks,

Tim

Hello,

I am new to the sight and am interested in possibly making a purchase or a split depending on what is available.

I saw the link with the PDF for the pricing I think.

How do I get started?

Thanks,

Tim

PM me your desired order. If there's room left I will add you on and then send you the spreadsheet link. All of the instructions are on the first post of this thread.

we're fast approaching the 84 sack limit (42 sacks per pallet). We are currently at 78 sacks and have room for 6 more sacks. I think by tonight we will have reached our limit.

Someone just messaged me for 6 sacks. We're at our two pallet limit. Unless there's enough interest for a third pallet...

I'll buy 10 sacks towards pallet # 3... I'd really appreciate it.. I've missed the last 3 group buys. I can send you my order tomorrow.

Thanks,

Astro

I think we should wait a few days to see if there's enough interest for a third pallet. Opinions?

I'd add a sack of pale wheat to skid #3 The wife volunteered to work this past weekend so there's extra political capital to spend.

Maybe we can get a split going for another 11# of EKG? I'd take 2# myself.

The waiting list for the third pallet is at 13 sacks already. has anyone heard from ThatGuyRyan? He's usually good for 10 sacks. What about Neopol?

I'm definitely down for waiting.

I sent a pm about this, but make sure that 1st 11# of EKG is on there and it looks like there's at least 2# for a second if others follow. People may be more interested in a second hop buy if it was something different but similar like Fuggles? Others also expressed interest in american hops but that hasn't gained much interest yet. It's weird seeing pricing on hops at stores versus wholesale because so many places mark up czech saaz, EKG, etc. when they are some of the cheapest.

I'm definitely down for waiting.

I sent a pm about this, but make sure that 1st 11# of EKG is on there and it looks like there's at least 2# for a second if others follow. People may be more interested in a second hop buy if it was something different but similar like Fuggles? Others also expressed interest in american hops but that hasn't gained much interest yet. It's weird seeing pricing on hops at stores versus wholesale because so many places mark up czech saaz, EKG, etc. when they are some of the cheapest.

resend me the final tally on the EKG split and I'll enter it on the spreadsheet.

I'd also grab 2# of either of the above variety. Still interested in some EKG, but wherever there is interest.

Id take a # of EKG regardless of if my grain goes thru... I'm also game to split hallertau and saaz and really just about anything... Cant have enough hops..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back