Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RC0032 said:
IIRC it comes 4 to a case. So with the $15 hazmat charge we are looking at $34....and a gal is a lot!

Hum...

That hazmat charge per delivery. Meaning that it's $15 (or whatever it is, I forget) regardless of the amount ordered, and it applies towards other cleaners too. The more you order the cheaper the hazmat charges per item. At least that's how I remember it. Someone correct me if I'm incorrect.

And there are already a few on the order so the share of the $15 will end up being fairly small..

C'mon all.. Get your PMs in.. I want grain :)

I am in for a lb of EKG
Also
Canadian 2 row- 6 sacks
Canadian Wheat 1 sack
Thanks,
Bill

PM your order along with your email address. We are already at the 42 bag limit without your order but I think we can get a second pallet

If Demon goes for 2 pounds then we've filled up the 11# of EKG as follows:
TBU - 2
Polboy - 1
Wegz - 1
FastEd - 2
Demon - 1 or 2
TOB - 1
Opteek - 1
Bilboa - 1

UGH. I've been waiting to see this thread go up for two days, somehow I missed it and I was looking for EKG hops. :(

Doubt I'm going to be able to find people to do a split of more EKG, eh?

sent grain request, hopefully we go for two pallets...

Hey folks.. Some questions on splits: So we can split payments for splits in the spreadsheet and then is it either:
a) We have to agree to meet same place same time at pickup to split
or
b) we split at some one's place?

Or have I got it totally wrong and does some one need to pay for a full bag of specialty grain?

Wow, you guys are amazing. I've made exactly 1 freaking batch since the last buy. Needless to say, I'll be sitting this one out. Good luck and happy brewing to all and hopefully I'm ready to reload by the time #6 rolls around.

for those who have PM'd me for the waiting list, let me know how many sacks you are looking to buy so i can tally it up.

cyclogenesis said:
Hey folks.. Some questions on splits: So we can split payments for splits in the spreadsheet and then is it either:
a) We have to agree to meet same place same time at pickup to split
or
b) we split at some one's place?

Or have I got it totally wrong and does some one need to pay for a full bag of specialty grain?

On the split orders:
One needs to pay for a sack and either pick it up and divide grains and payment with others later or do it during pickup (but I guess it could be difficult to meet at location in the same time). I think it's the best way and doesn't impose extra work for Bill

On the split orders:
One needs to pay for a sack and either pick it up and divide grains and payment with others later or do it during pickup (but I guess it could be difficult to meet at location in the same time). I think it's the best way and doesn't impose extra work for Bill

wegz15 had the idea of one person paying for the whole sack then everybody else pays that person for their share of the split. I could hold on to the sack at my place and people weigh out their portion on my scale and leave the rest behind for the next person. Ideally, everybody involved in the split shows up at the same time and everything is divvied up in front of everyone. I have a scale just bring a container or some kind of packaging for the split grain.

thank for the clarification.. I got confused by the green split text in the spreadsheet...

I'm in for some star-san, 1 sack of 2 Row, 1 Sack of Vienna, 1 Sack of Marris Otter and 1 sack of flaked barley (anyone interested in split?)

mobly99 said:
I'm in for some star-san, 1 sack of 2 Row, 1 Sack of Vienna, 1 Sack of Marris Otter and 1 sack of flaked barley (anyone interested in split?)

Did you PM your request? I think I'm going to open up the second pallet tomorrow or over the weekend.

Ehops see first page in the thread, post #6 link to googlefied PDF catalogue is in it.

I "googlefied" the catalog because it loads much faster than the distributor's link plus no password is required.

I'm in for a sack of Franco-Belges Pils, a sack of Canadian Malting 2-Row, and a gallon of Star-San, if one is available. PM sent, Bill.

Also, if anyone would be interested in splitting a sack of Munich malt 2 or three ways, I would be down with that.

-Adam

spreadsheet updated. we're at 71 sacks, 11 sacks short of a second full pallet.

spreadsheet updated. we're at 71 sacks, 11 sacks short of a full pallet.

I've ordered a sack each or Pils and Munich (Best Malz) and would be willing to split either if anyone wants half. I'd also be happy to get in on part of a sack of wheat, rye, crystal, or probably many other specialty malts. Probably also on hops, starsan, etc - basically just let me know if someone is needed to finish out a split order.

Anything really. Just looking to get some variety

I looked at the catalog again and only specials i could use in larger quantities is aromatic or melanoid malt (from best malz for $0.68 and 0.72 per lb), but even then i would be more than happy with only 10-15lbs max so if we can split it 4 ways im in

I've ordered a sack each or Pils and Munich (Best Malz) and would be willing to split either if anyone wants half. I'd also be happy to get in on part of a sack of wheat, rye, crystal, or probably many other specialty malts. Probably also on hops, starsan, etc - basically just let me know if someone is needed to finish out a split order.

I'm in for half (or a third of) a sack of Munich. PM Sent.

we're at 73 sacks so far. Everybody check their orders for any mistakes.

molby99 and I were talking in PMs and he's looking for someone to split munich with. I'm kind of interested in munich as well, but not in a 1/2 sack. So you might be able to go 1/2 with him or maybe we can split it three ways.

I am interested in munich, but probably half a sack. Looks like adman already jumped on splitting with kwhyte though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back