DC Area Group Buy #8
This group buy is open to HBT members who are local to the DC metro area, including MD and VA as well as the district. A limited number of folks in the Charlottesville/Waynesboro/Staunton area may participate as I drive there 6-8 times a year, but you must be willing to wait for my next trip home...
The intent of this buy is to be held on a regular schedule. We do not have a minimum order to make so we can schedule this to happen on a regular timetable and that allows you to plan your buys to the way you brew instead of having to stock up like the old model forced you to. Looks like we are getting in a groove with the buy happening every 6-7 weeks.
Some "info" and "rules" to go over:
* If you want the price list, PM me your email address...otherwise you don't get it!
* The pickup location is at 3 Stars brewery in DC
* TBD but we are doing this either every month or every other month (based on demand) and based on the weekends that Mike works...
* The pickup will occur the Sat. after the buy closes, so buy closes Friday night, order goes in Sat. AM, pick up the following Sat. AM at 3 Stars.
* Pickup time is 11 AM and ends at 12 or 12:30 AM (TBD), right before they can fill growlers so come prepared to buy from the HBS and get your growler(s) filled!
* If you cannot pick up your grain, you MUST arrange with someone else to do so and let either IslandLizard or I know who is picking up your grain
* All payment is via paypal and must be in by midnight Friday the week BEFORE the pickup
* Splits are a PITA, but as long as someone is willing to manage them we will allow them (IslandLizard is managing them now)
* If you suggest a split, you become the primary buyer and must pay me; everyone who gets a split from you will pay you and you arrange payment from the splitters
* In the past we have had issues with some sacks not showing up or the wrong sacks showing up; be forewarned that this can happen, though this is a new supplier so hopefully it won't
* The price list is given out by email so if you want it PM me with your email; no email, no list, no exceptions
* The price list is private, do not share with others. Have them contact me. Do not discuss pricing on the forum. Do not give out the link.
* When ordering please use a standard format, for example copy and paste the SKU + grain straight off the price list. Something like this:
2 x BRI1004 Briess Pilsen 50 lb
1 x MUN1001 Muntons Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)
10# WEY1031 WeyermannŽ CaraMunich IŽ 25 Kg (55 Lb.):
* ...and put it at the bottom of your post, away from text to make it stand out. In this example, the buyer is asking for 3 full sacks and to start a split of CaraMunich, of which he is taking 10 pounds.
* If you are buying splits, please quote the primary buyers post as part of your request post to make it easy for us to see what split you are taking.
* We currently create a very complete set of sheets that we keep on google drive with all the information about a buy. Please check it before asking questions. If it is not up to date, give us some time before posting. We do have real jobs, families, and we also like to brew from time to time...
* The brewery has growler hours at 1PM; they cannot sell you a growler before that by law. Don't ask.
* The brewery has a small homebrew store; PLEASE snag some hops, yeast, etc. to show your appreciation.
* PAYMENT is via PayPal only! Pay the week before the buy by Friday at midnight. Pay me at the email address I used to send you the link to the sheet. Use the pay friend/family option and DO NOT pay via PayPal check! PLEASE put your HBT moniker in the note section so I know who you are. Collating email addresses is a pain!
I will add to this over time and make this a standard start to each buy. Feel free to start buying...yeah reddskinnfan, that means you.
Please add the SKU# to your orders so there's no confusion what you want. It also allows us to double-check when entering in the spreadsheet:
2 x Briess Pilsen BRI1004It's even easier to just copy and paste the SKU + grain straight off the price list. Something like this:
2 x BRI1004 Briess Pilsen 50 lbThanks!
I was thinking the same thing...edit complete!
Smoked wheat !!!!!!!! And subscribed.
I'll take 25 lbs....
PBW and DME Splits
I would be up for a PBW split. I would take 20#.
I would also be up for a DME. Either Golden Light or Pilsen. I would take 20#.
Splitting a bag of acidulated. I'll take 15 pounds:
1x WEY1072 WeyermannŽ Acidulated 25 Kg (55 Lb.); split - I am taking 15 pounds
Look guys...I put in all the information Frits needs...:D
Put me down for 5# of the acidulated again. Also, send me link to new spreadsheet when started.
And as far my original split start, here are the SKUs.
PBW50 PBW 50 lb - I will take 20#
3441C Briess DME Golden Light 50 lb - I will take 20#
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app
i'm in for:
5 lbs of acidulated (carried over from buy #7)
10 lbs of DME
5 lbs of smoked wheat (what the hell, i'll give it a try)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 06:13 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.