Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > CT Group Grain Buy

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 04:49 AM   #91
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1711 Times on 1600 Posts
Likes Given: 1

1500 pounds? You guys do 30 bags at the time? Damn... my local homebrew club did 400 bags just during our spring buy, and that's only because the organizers cut it off at that point because it'd be too much to deal with

Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #92
zymological
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightbrew View Post
NOGO on adding a second pallet to this order. We would not get any extra price break at the 3000 lb level and we would have to pay shipping for each additional pallet (which is $80 + 20% fuel surcharge). So it just makes more sense to handle a second pallet as a completely separate order.

For those who missed out this time, keep in mind that the last order was only 2 months ago. So demand builds up pretty fast...you won't be waiting long.
damnit! I can't guarantee I'll still be wanting to do this in 2 months b/c I want some grain SOON. but for future reference is it the same person organizing it every 2 months or does the duty get handed off?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #93
wrightbrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
1500 pounds? You guys do 30 bags at the time? Damn... my local homebrew club did 400 bags just during our spring buy, and that's only because the organizers cut it off at that point because it'd be too much to deal with
Congratulations on being part of an active and thriving homebrew club. I am not part of one so this is just a collection of 10 people who said they wanted to buy grain in bulk.

We did 42 bags (a full pallet) and since there is no advantage to doing more I decided to keep it simple with a quick turnaround. I am waaay too lazy to co-ordinate 400 bags - I'll leave that to you and your club.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #94
wrightbrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zymological View Post
damnit! I can't guarantee I'll still be wanting to do this in 2 months b/c I want some grain SOON. but for future reference is it the same person organizing it every 2 months or does the duty get handed off?
I don't think it will be the same person...or at least *I* am not volunteering to organize this every 2 months. I might do it a few times a year but my guess is it will be a different person every time. You are more than welcome to take the torch - it's a good way to guarantee you get in on the buy - although the organizing part can be a bit time consuming.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #95
zymological
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightbrew View Post
I don't think it will be the same person...or at least *I* am not volunteering to organize this every 2 months. I might do it a few times a year but my guess is it will be a different person every time. You are more than welcome to take the torch - it's a good way to guarantee you get in on the buy - although the organizing part can be a bit time consuming.
wouldn't the person ordering need to already have an account at NCM? otherwise I certainly would be organizing my own group buys.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #96
nediver
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zymological

wouldn't the person ordering need to already have an account at NCM? otherwise I certainly would be organizing my own group buys.
Have you called them. This would answer your question. I do not believe that is accurate but CMG could confirm that quick.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #97
nediver
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay
I find it ironic that under your user name you have "long winded bag of wind" and your post above provides absolutely no value to this thread.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #98
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1711 Times on 1600 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nediver

I find it ironic that under your user name you have "long winded bag of wind" and your post above provides absolutely no value to this thread.
That would be "expected" — the very opposite of what ironic means. But the tag WAS carefully chosen.

A couple of beers last night and I wasn't trying to step on any toes, but apparently people are still super-duper upset.

I apologize for the most serious crime of (apparently) turning a grain buy into a genital-measuring contest. Never would have posted it had I remembered how insecure some guys get about that. I promise (honestly) to delete that post as soon as I get to my PC. It's the girth that really matters, anyway.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #99
zymological
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nediver View Post
Have you called them. This would answer your question. I do not believe that is accurate but CMG could confirm that quick.
others have. if you haven't ordered within the last year and you aren't a business they won't deal with you. I was kind of acting like I didn't know in the post above but all sources say they are cutting homebrewers off slowly but surely.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #100
nediver
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay

That would be "expected" — the very opposite of what ironic means. But the tag WAS carefully chosen.

A couple of beers last night and I wasn't trying to step on any toes, but apparently people are still super-duper upset.

I apologize for the most serious crime of (apparently) turning a grain buy into a genital-measuring contest. Never would have posted it had I remembered how insecure some guys get about that. I promise (honestly) to delete that post as soon as I get to my PC. It's the girth that really matters, anyway.
you have redeemed yourself with this funny post. It's true I felt the measuring stick come out. I was just messing with you which is hard to perceive electronically.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply