CT Group buy round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So- what still needs to happen?

If someone needs to handle the money and place the order, I have no problems doing that.

Is there a way to get around paypal fees?

I need:
Contact info for loading dock guy
List of who's getting what
account info for CMG and any details

Let me finalize the spreadsheet tonight and repost it. I was also given the name of one of the guys here on the forum that has an account and would be able to place the order for us. I will send you a message with that info as well.

Looks like tomj is our contact for the delivery. Work with him on those details.

As for paypal, there is a way so no fees are charged. I forgot where I read about that. Hopefully someone will chime in with that info.

hey how come I was waitlisted, thought I was in pretty early? pushed this buy along and even kept tally up the requests. dang that's not cool. Been in for 2 bags of 2 row for over 2 week.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:39 AM #24 7tom
may I join for 2 bags of 2-row
US 2-row, 2 bag

So- what still needs to happen?

If someone needs to handle the money and place the order, I have no problems doing that.

Is there a way to get around paypal fees?

I need:
Contact info for loading dock guy
List of who's getting what
account info for CMG and any details

The easiest way, and the way I've seen it done quite a few times, is that anyone paying with PayPal simply add 3% to their order to cover you. I always throw in an extra few bucks too, as a thanks and to cover someone who will invariably forget to add the 3% or doesn't get the whole math thing. ;) I assume others do as well.

My plan is to go through everything and get 'invoices' out tomorrow or Saturday. I've gotten the PMs from the appropriate people, and will update as appropriate.

Having the seller add any fees to their side sounds like the right thing. Details (and grain) to come.

FWIW, I don't incur any fees for sending or receiving money through PayPal. IIRC that is because my PayPal account is linked to my bank account rather than just my credit card.
And just to put it out there, for those western MA and VT guys in on this buy, if it helps you out, I'd be willing to transport your purchases up from North Haven to say the Springfield area. You can go ahead and PM me if that appeals to you.

Bump

hey how come I was waitlisted, thought I was in pretty early? pushed this buy along and even kept tally up the requests. dang that's not cool. Been in for 2 bags of 2 row for over 2 week.

US 2-row, 2 bag

My plan is to go through everything and get 'invoices' out tomorrow or Saturday. I've gotten the PMs from the appropriate people, and will update as appropriate.

Having the seller add any fees to their side sounds like the right thing. Details (and grain) to come.

Standing by !

Ok, the Boss demanded we go to Boston for a Day trip- PMs going out tomorrow.

I just had a look at the list- I'd have expected those who chimed in for x bags to have priority as the buy was getting started, up to a certain date- but that's not my part of the organization, so I'll abide.

I'll write up specifics on when funds must be in, etc, post here and copy/paste in to the PMs.

My "boss" and I went to boston this weekend too! Saw louis ck. Hilarious. Hit a few places for beer. Salty dog for some sam oktoberfest, cheers for a boston brick red and shipyard pumpkin, pour house for a red bull & vodka (needed a pick-me-up) and ufo pumpkin, some random place for a hefe. Brunch at abe & louis. Trio benedict: steak, lobstah, crab. Holy phenom.

In any case, how soon until that invoice comes out?

Friends, Brewers, Countrymen- lend me your ears.
I come to buy grain, not in small increments.
The sugars that grains give do live after it;
May the tanins be interred with their remnants.
So let it be with this these grains...

Ok, I'm done.

Instead of PMing invoices, I'm attaching the spreadsheet that I used to calculate as well as a PDF. I'm shooting for payment by Thursday, 8pm, EST. I'll contact those on the waitlist after that time for any extra spots for payment- those on the waitlist, please PM me either your email addy or phone number so I can contact you quickly- ideally, I'll provide payment to the gentleman with the account early Friday so he can place the order the same day.

I've sent an email to the gentleman with the account to confirm that he is still willing to place the order for us and will update the thread as appropriate.

I'm requesting the (cost of your grain) + (2 dollars Per Bag shipping) + (any paypal fees for your method of transfer [Your responsibility for figuring that out : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside ]). My paypal address is: clay.viands(AT)gmail(dot)com
If you'd like my cell, just shoot me a PM- I'm generally very busy at work, but I'll try to respond by evening.

I'm basing the cost of your grain on the 2200 pound price -IF THIS IS WRONG SOMEBODY TELL ME! ;-)

On a completely unrelated note, the Stone 15th Anniversary Black IPA is AMAZING.

GroupBuy.jpg

Ok, I can't post .xlsx or .pdf of a reasonable size, so let's try this (irritating making it both fit the size req's and legible...):

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

what the hell? the organizer is now acting ignorant and looking like another online bully on this website. Hey Banik, put me in the list, order the ...stop being a bully.

Bump

US 2-row, 2 bag

7tom- I am not the organizer. I am not responsible for coming up with the list of who is getting what grain- that was given to me by ShaunZ. I am responsible for collecting the money and providing it to the person with the account with the order.

Have you not been reading/following the thread?

If I don't get payment by 8pm Thursday from everyone, then I'm opening up the waitlist, also as described above.

Listen man, don't go throwing accusations around, especially at the wrong people. In general, it's childish, and personally, I don't pander to temper tantrums. I was in weeks before you, and only getting half what I wanted, but I'm still collecting the funds.

RDWHAHB

Also- got the confirmation from person with the account- the price may fluctuate slightly from the catalog price since grain is a commodity, so I will refund the difference or request more funds, as required.

Get that cash in!

7 tom, you are welcome to get my spot. I think you posted before me and it seems I will be too busy in the near future to brew, so I don't really need these sacks immediately. I will wait until the next group buy.

I apologize to the organizers if that screws anything up.

Just a word of advice. You need to call CMG and get a quote for the exact items you want. Then you will not be processing refunds or asking for more money. The 2500 Lb pricing is not for home brewers. There is a separate catalog. However there is a discount available.

banik said:
Ok, I can't post .xlsx or .pdf of a reasonable size, so let's try this (irritating making it both fit the size req's and legible...):

Why is your name on wait list as well?

Why is your name on wait list as well?

When ShaunZ started collecting orders, I didn't get mine in until there were only 3 spots on the pallet, so I'm on the wait list for a few bags.

I'm sending out PMs tonight to people who haven't paid yet, as well as to those I've received funds from.

I have received payment from:
godrick
brewsekerdoo
ShaunZ
kappclark

Everyone else- get your money in! I'm going to go through an PM folks now who still need to pay.

Oh- when you pay, please let me know what your username on HBT is ;-)

Dough en route. Email address has my HBT username in it, and I threw an extra $5 as a thanks for taking care of business, or in case somebody bricks the arithmetic.

All- the order is in with the gentleman with the account. The way he said it will work is:

"Once you give me the order, I will put it in with NCM, they then return me an invoice with final pricing, at this time they start packing the order, they expect me to provide payment same day or early the next day, so ill need paypal payment very quickly"

I have the fund in paypal, and will send it over as soon as the invoice is sent to me- he has my cell and home numbers, so there shouldn't be a delay. I'm also talking with tomj on how distribution will work, more details to come.

I think that's about it, except for the waiting. I'll post again when I send the funds over after getting the invoice.

Not in my experience, at least when using funds in the account or a directly linked bank account (as opposed to an "eCheck").

Thanks for the possible problem point out, though!

Not in my experience, at least when using funds in the account or a directly linked bank account (as opposed to an "eCheck").

Thanks for the possible problem point out, though!

When you go to withdraw funds from the account, even with a linked bank account, it is going to take 4-5 days. I have done 5 buys in the last 6 months and it has been that way each time.

Ahhhhhh, I see where the misunderstanding is- I'm not making the buy (ie. I'm not not pulling funds from my paypal account to my bank account).

Someone else has an account, and I'm transferring the aggregated funds as a paypal payment to them.

Anyone interested in trading homebrews while at the pickup? I dont have much but would love to try what y'all have!

How about yeast swap ?? I have some wlp001 and wlp022 (from harvest - 4 oz each..you wld need to do a starter)

I also have some frozen yeast.
I collected dregs from a few Allagash White bottles, made a starter, brewed a wit, washed the yeast cake, and froze according to instructions listed here. The Wit I made had a distinct Allagash flavor, and I am very happy with the yeast.
I also have a washed and frozen Wyeast 2565 Kolsch.
I would trade for a wlp001, kappa.

I will bring the 001 along for the ride. Made a 1.5L starter of 001 Wed night, and it is doing very well on the stirplate.....should be super-ready by Sunday.

Definitely in for some homebrew swap. I think I have 4 batches to bottle this weekend.... But I might be lazy and keg everything except the stout.

what's the status and please post the latest order list. Am I on the list? Place an invoice on this forum so I can print and do the paypal transfer.

Is anyone else receiving bully hostile private messages? My box is full and don't want to waste more of my time receiving hostile bully messages that start "HEY MAN" from clowns. I'm only interested in 2 bags of grain, not a jack azz bully harassing me. Only 2 bags of 2-row cheap. Send invoice in the forum. NO MORE PM, box is full. So stop the stupid immature useless stupid hostility. Give it to your mamma.

Back