Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > 5 Borough(NYC)Bulk Grain Buy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #171
Johnnyhitch1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 31 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 217 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 3264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norie_ View Post
I can be there Monday morning. How are we measuring out split sacks? I have a scale and 17l cambro that I was going to use to weight out my portions. I am willing to help anyone out but will take my scale with me when I am finished.
This was another question i had.

I live out on the island and wont be able to make it during buisness hours till saturday even then ill be going to the nassau colliseum beer fest. Is anyone attending this that can mule my sacks out to the island for me? Ill make it worth the while.

Im splitting 2 sacks with you norie_ aswell. Not sure how this is going to work out??

Can anyone chime in who has done this before?

EDIT: norie_ when you take your portion can you leave the other half in the sack rolled up? i guess this would be the best bet considering its 50/50??

Primary: Kicking Cans DIPA, ECY20 Golden sour.
Kegged: Conan the Brown, OBS (Oatmeal brett stout)
Aging: Flanders Red w/ ECY02, All out Brett.
BOTTLES:

Cider: Grapfelwine, Apfelwine, Cranfelwine, Applejack
Beer: NZ Brett (BD:9/16/12)
Mead: Blueberry-lemon, Raspberry-Lime, Habenero, POM, Traditional.
Cellar: Maple Whiskey Barrel Stout, ST Pumking Clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #172
kroach01
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Monday AM it has to be before 730, PM after 430 for me.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #173
Jon_TWR
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

As I mentioned, SWMBO will be out of town for work (with the car) next week, but she should be back in time for us to pick them up friday afternoon/evening.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #174
anth
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitcold View Post
the cost will be different and when i place the order the difference will be refunded to you. its better now that its through the brewery more savings to you
What is the latest here?

Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #175
greenrhino
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm can come any afternoon or evening and will try to arrange it when there is a consensus on pickup scheduling. My only constraint is that I am out of town starting Friday afternoon for the weekend.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #176
keepitcold
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anth View Post
What is the latest here?
since i went through the brewery i have to wait for them to send the invoice to the the brewery then it gets haned to me for payment so well have to wait till that comes.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #177
keepitcold
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

for all of you splitting bags My opinion is for one person to take the bag and split it at home the drop off point is at a friends warehouse and its a pretty busy place. Second thing is the shipment is being made Monday at some point so best option would be starting Tuesday for pick ups. Ill be going over there after work Monday and will be labeling all the sacks for quick pick up and minimal confusion. Like i said guys its a friends warehouse I have to let him know who is coming and when. Saturday the warehouse is closed.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #178
Norie_
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitcold
for all of you splitting bags My opinion is for one person to take the bag and split it at home the drop off point is at a friends warehouse and its a pretty busy place. Second thing is the shipment is being made Monday at some point so best option would be starting Tuesday for pick ups. Ill be going over there after work Monday and will be labeling all the sacks for quick pick up and minimal confusion. Like i said guys its a friends warehouse I have to let him know who is coming and when. Saturday the warehouse is closed.
Ok got it. I can come on Tuesday. Morning or evening. Let me confirm. I will be at the warehouse at 10am this Tuesday. Is this time okay keepitcold? I am not going to take any sacks that aren't mine home unless someone needs me to. Just because I don't want people to have to travel from home to warehouse to another destination for no reason. What I will do is bring the sacks to my car to divi up, close them and bring them back to the pallet. That way I won't be in the way. Will that work keepitcold? Please confirm if I can come at 10am Tuesday or what time I can come? I am flexible on Tuesday. Does anyone need me to pick their sacks up for them? I can store in my finished basement. Just let me know. I am happy to help.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #179
Norie_
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_TWR
As I mentioned, SWMBO will be out of town for work (with the car) next week, but she should be back in time for us to pick them up friday afternoon/evening.
I can pick up for you if you don't mind picking up from my house in Brooklyn.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #180
station_z
Recipes 

Smile

I would LOVE to be able to pick up my 3 sacks on Saturday afternoon, if possible. Since the warehouse is closed, though, I might need to rely on the kindness of fellow brewers. Norie, if its truly not a huge pain in the ass, I'd love have you stash my sacks at your place in Brooklyn and then I can pick up from you--assuming this coming Saturday (3/9) afternoon is ok(?) I live on Long Island but will be in the city with the car that day--free from about 1pm - 4pm. Johnnyhitch1 I could also take your sacks out to my place in Huntington Station, if Norie can stash those at his as well. Perhaps I can drop off a few tasty brews for Norie in return for his efforts... Again, I don't want to be a pain, though, so if its too much to ask, no worries! I'm sure I can figure something else out if I have to

Quick Reply