Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Company Reviews > Tom Hargrave and Kegkits.com (www.ic3.gov)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
bigpal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Tom Hargrave and Kegkits.com (www.ic3.gov)

I'm bringing up Tom Hargrave / kegkits.com again, because I see Tom is still doing business. I want to address the issue once and for all, and put him out of business, and save others from losing their money. He is a criminal, period. Most importantly, don't listen to him, he's a liar and has no character.

If you've been scammed by Hargrave by ordering from kegkits.com, whether it be in the last week, or the last five years, please file a complaint with the internet computer crime complaint center, or IC3, at www.ic3.gov. IC3 is operated by the FBI, and compiles small complaints into larger cases, and passes them down to local, state, and federal authorities for prosecution. This is the best way to stop Hargrave. I filed my complaint there recently.

I bought $135 in merchandise from Tom, and after 2 weeks, I e-mailed him and got no response. I called several times and e-mailed again, with no response. I called his cell phone, which he won't answer. I called the Huntsville PD, and they called him. Hargrave told HPD that he had already shipped it! He now has lied to the police, probably typical. I called my credit card company to cancel the transaction, and they removed the charge.

Don't let this guy continue to take advantage of the good people in the home brewing community. Not only should be not be allowed to do business, he should face prosecution. Here is an interesting news clip about his business, conducted by a local news reporter.

http://www.whnt.com/videobeta/?watch...a-cbc8a92a5f66

BP

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Irie5447
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

HAHAHAHAHA! That was the funniest video ever! I have been scammed by Tom also. I mean when the local news is doing a story about your horrible business practices and ripping people off constantly, maybe its time to close shop! I really don't understand why no one is shutting him down? This guy is ridiculous!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
Irie5447
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This video also needs to be put in the "sticky" about kegkits.com at the top of the general beer discussion!

Old 03-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 384 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie5447 View Post
This video also needs to be put in the "sticky" about kegkits.com at the top of the general beer discussion!
I agree. This guy's a scumbag.
murr
Kegged
Modified Warbler Pale Ale (with wet-hop addition&different yeast)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
slinn
Recipes 

Yeah, there are a lot of threads here. Don't stop with the police dept and the internet crime center. I went to my own state's attorney general's office, the Alabama attorney general's office, his local Better Business Bureau, and finally the IRS. He's stealing from us (he got me for approximately $50), and I can guarantee you that he is not reporting that money as income. The only people who have replied to my complaints are my state's attorney general's office (TX), but that was only a reply telling me that they were "looking into it". That was months ago, so no confidence there. The Better Business Bureau of North Alabama also responded, they have sent him one letter that he ignored, and have sent him a second which he has until 3/18 to respond. The BBB can't really do a lot, but maybe - just maybe - they have enough interest to push this thing. Obviously the state of AL doesn't care. There have been hundreds, if not thousands of complaints made to their AG office and he is still scamming more people. He always has an excuse - I had the flu and got behind, we had more orders than expected and got behind. He always tells the authorities that he "is trying to make things right". However, he has been claiming that for years and he still is in the business of being a thief and a criminal. Doesn't speak very well for his state nor his city. Huntsville, AL.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
masonsjax

Recipes 

Liked 322 Times on 231 Posts
Likes Given: 326

I filed a complaint with IC3, my local attorney general, and Alabama's a year ago when I was robbed. I got response from AL saying they are too busy to look into it now. Then I got contacted by my AG saying they couldn't get a response from him and recommend I contact Alabama AG office. I have never heard from IC3.
I am disgusted that this guy still operates, and that he brags about his Google rankings that he gets due to our complaining. This guy continues to blatently steal from people, and will never stop. What does it take to get the attention of someone with the ability to stop him? I'm all ears.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
Nugent
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 15

He has a pretty slick site. Can't be faulted for getting sucked in.

I had a similar situation with another company who I tried to buy an apple crusher from to make cider in the fall. Never got it, one lame e-mail from them saying "Didn't you get it?", never heard back from daily phone calls. VISA refunded my money.

Major pain in the a**.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
Sigafoos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The video is no longer available (I searched for his name and found the article, but the video was down)

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

Old 03-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
lurker18

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I guess I am new to these problems, and I have ordered from him without any problems. I am not going to take this off topic, but are there any good stories about this site, he does have some excellent stuff on there, but I don't want to be taken for a ride.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
masonsjax

Recipes 

Liked 322 Times on 231 Posts
Likes Given: 326

There's a sticky thread at the top of the general beer discussion forum (I see it in the "similar threads" section at the bottom of this page too), that links to several other threads about this shady business. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/read...ts-com-120110/

Also, if you just Google the business name, you'll find no shortage of customers that have been separated from their money by this criminal.

Tags
criminal, hargrave, kegkits.com, scam, tom hargrave

Quick Reply