Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Company Reviews > Midwest Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
rycov
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Midwest Supplies

I read another thread supporting midwest and it was suggested to post in the company reviews section. i didn't see a thread started for midwest, so i appologize if this is a redundant thread. but i just wanted to say that i've had only good experiences with them. i've always gotten the things that i ordered in a resonable amount of time and my orders have always been right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
I would make a yeast starter, and pitch it into your mailbox.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #2
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1876 Times on 1156 Posts
Likes Given: 2697

I've ordered through them quite a few times and have never had a problem, always great customer service. I don't use them much now, only because there is a place a little closer and they don't charge shipping. MW is a great company. If I lived a lot closer to them I'd go there.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
Pilotpip
Recipes 

Just placed my second order with them. Second brew was a boundary waters wheat extract. My third and fourth will be kits from there as well (oatmeal stout and cream ale) With the exception of shipping costs heavier/bulkier items their prices really can't be beat.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #4
wmatejka
Recipes 

Fantastic customer service. Walked me thru everything I needed to start kegging and upgrading my kegerator. One of the kegs I received had bad threads on the post and they sent out a replacement the next day for free with a return label for the poor keg. Great place.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
gratus fermentatio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 744 Times on 520 Posts
Likes Given: 1939

I've ordered from Midwest a few times, no problems at all. Everything arrived in good shape & in a reasonable amount of time; I'll order from them again with confidence.
Regards, GF.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
subliminalurge
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I've been using Midwest as my main supplier since I started homebrewing back in 2005. It's 2011 now, so I guess that's around 6 years.

Their customer service is top notch! Totally above and beyond the call of duty. They've changed orders for me at the last minute (literally, the FedEx truck was there loading up, and they found my box and stuffed a few extra items in it) with no charge and no extra shipping, and even cancelled a few orders that I had placed in the middle of the night, with a few too many in me, that I realized I couldn't afford the next morning. No complaints, no arguments, they've just always done exactly what I asked.

IMHO, I might be a difficult customer at times, but Midwest has always put up with my craziness without even making me feel like I was making odd requests (even when I knew I was).

Totally top-notch outfit. There are no words to describe how highly I recommend them.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
ronclark
Constant Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I have only ordered from them once. I happened upon them when the item (brew belt) I was looking for was out of stock or not carried at the first two sites I checked. The price was fair and they shipped quickly. I would definitely try them out again in the future.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
cdubbaya
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I use Midwest almost exclusively since it's just up the road from my house.

My last experience was great, as I needed to refill my 20# CO2 tank. I had an outdated aluminum tank, and they didn't have any aluminum tanks left. The guy at the counter gave me a steel tank, and made sure to write on my receipt that they owe me an aluminum tank next time I need it. I expected to just get whatever they had in stock, but I'm glad they recognized the difference between the tanks!

Not to mention that the typically throw in small items for free when you buy ingredients from them. While only saving a few cents, they often don't charge me for grains when I only need a few oz.

My only criticism that I run into often, is that not all the employees are as knowledgeably as they could be, and sometimes can't answer my questions with confidence. I guess that comes with the size of the company though, and if they don't know, they always try to find someone who does!

Honey Double IPA

Old 01-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
Captainfester
Master of the Seas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Default Midwest Supplies

So my wife had ordered me a starter kit and some extract kits for xmas. when the xmas came i put it all together. the bottling bucket was drilled incorrectly for the spigot bulkhead.

i called midwest who was happy to ship out a replacement bucket... however they never sent it. now i have to go chasing them again.

i tell my wife the story, turns out when she ordered the kit / recipes etc they forgot to ship those as well! she had to chase them for the original order!

anyone else have these problems or am i just lucky twice?

i like their site and the recipes seemed to come out good so far, but if its gonna be a pain in the A, i will go to austin and my lhbs.

fwiw I am positive midwest will send me the bucket, its not so much about that just a pain that im ready to bottle this weekend and im not sure it will be here.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
beerman0001
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Never had any issues with them.

Fermenting:Apfelwein
On Deck:
Hiding in dark corner: Lambic, Flanders red, Oud Bruin, DFH 120(in bottles)

Quick Reply