Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Company Reviews > Label Peelers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Label Peelers

I recently ordered quite a few # of hops from the folks at Beer and Wine Making Supplies and I have to say that they are very easy to deal with. I bought 10# of Citra Leaf hops and with shipping included the price was right at $20/lb. That was a great price considering what everybody else charges for that hop and how big a box you need for 10# of leaf hops. I bought 20# of hops a few weeks earlier and paid less than a dollar a pound for shipping. The prices are good, you get a confirmation e-mail, and the shipping charges are really good. They didn't jack-up the price of hard to find hops and for that they will get my business again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 203 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default LabelPeelers

So I tried these guys the other day. Holy crap. What a hell of a deal. I wish I could say this is a paid endorsement because I would totally sell out. But it isn't.

Anyway, I ordered some stuff Wednesday at 8 or 9 pm. Came today (Saturday). Unbelieveable. By far the cheapest price on what I bought, reasonable shipping, and amazingly fast delivery.

I ordered 5x the amount of stuff from another vendor that advertises here. I won't **** all over them because that's not my style (this hour anyway). But they were slow, screwed up the order, and it was about a week before they shipped.

LabelPeelers.com highly recommended. Dumb name, great service.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
allenH
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2130 Times on 1192 Posts
Likes Given: 998

I pre-ordered 4lbs of 2012 pellet hops from them, prices seemed great. I hope what you say is true, they are supposed to ship between 10/26-11/2. I will reply back to this thread.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
iambeer
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 128

I ordered from them once. I paid for one service but somehow received the cheaper USPS without tracking. It took a week to get to me. Website is like a data dump. Not impressed.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
brewguyver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenH
I pre-ordered 4lbs of 2012 pellet hops from them, prices seemed great. I hope what you say is true, they are supposed to ship between 10/26-11/2. I will reply back to this thread.
I ended up doing the same - pre-ordered Amarillo, Centennial, Citra, and Simco, and threw in a lb of 2011 Columbus as well. Hopefully it works out, because I'm looking to master a Pliney clone this winter, and figure out a solid Citra SMaSH for the SWMBO.

Brewguyver - the man who does everything wrong so you won't have to!

Old 10-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #6
pickles
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Ive order about 10lbs of hops from them over the last two years. They have always been fast and high quality hops.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #7
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2642 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 294

I just did the hop preorder thing as well. Best price I've seen on hops besides hopsdirect, but their expensive shopping brings the price per pound up considerably. I called LP today to ask about when the leaf hops are coming in, should be within a couple weeks. I was happy to hear that the purchase is an actual guarantee that you will receive the hops. The guy said they buy over half of Hop Unions supply.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:34 AM   #8
brewguyver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Shipping wasn't too bad from my side, but they are also less than 90 min away. I plan on checking out the store when we visit the folks in Akron for Christmas.

Brewguyver - the man who does everything wrong so you won't have to!

Old 11-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Anyone else had their pre-orders delivered yet? We are well within the date window they are showing on the site. I have a big order with these guys, first time. I am also waiting for hopsdirect to start shipping some other pellets than Cascade and Centennial.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2642 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrewski
Anyone else had their pre-orders delivered yet? We are well within the date window they are showing on the site. I have a big order with these guys, first time. I am also waiting for hopsdirect to start shipping some other pellets than Cascade and Centennial.
I called them last week, they said we are looking at second week of November and then they start processing orders which may take another week or two. I'm guessing we'll have them by the end of the month by the time you add in all that plus shipping. I bought 7 lbs from them this year. I don't want to have to be scrounging for hops later.

Quick Reply