Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Company Reviews > brewinabag.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 04:19 AM   #1
MikePote
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default brewinabag.com

My wife bought me a bag from these people for Christmas. Thye are sold at my LHBS for like $30 or $35. While these are more expensive than most BIAB bags I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. The quality is really top notch. It has heavy duty straps to support the weight of the grain with loops at the top to hang the bag or put a string through it to tighten it to the pot.

I beat the CRAP out of this bag. After I mash the bag goes into a colander on top of the brew pot and I twist as tight as I can to get all the wort out of the grains. After twisting the bag (with the grains really tight) I take a 2x4 and smash the grains to get every drop out that I can. The bag probably has 15 batches under its belt with no rips, tears or snags.

While there are cheaper options out there I would but this again in a heartbeat. I cant say enough about the quality.

If Im on homebrewtalk im probably drunk... Don't pretend your not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2348 Times on 1666 Posts
Likes Given: 1309

I've used a nylon paint strainer bag a few times for smaller batches, but I do like the looks of those things. If I did BIAB all the time I can see how they would be totally worth the money.

Homer's Brew Log

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply