Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Company Reviews > Beverage Factory Review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
acslater55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default My experience with beverage factory

This isn't a rant or anything just want to share my experience so far.

Ordered a Haier kegerator from beveragefactory.com on 3/14. No problems with the delivery on 3/24. I spent an hour putting it together, plugged the unit in. I hear a hissing sound coming from the back, and immediately unplug the unit. Thining what the hell was that? Plug it backin in the same sound. Traced it to a hole in one of the welds in the compressor and the refrigerant is leaking out.

Called them the next day. What I wanted to hear was: Oh my gosh sir we are so sorry we will send out a new unit immediately and take back the defective one instead.

What I heard instead: We will contact the Haier company about what to do, then we will get back to you. I asked how long that will take, they said they didn't know a few days. It is now 6 days, from when I called still no word from them. Contacted them again, they said it takes a week to hear from Haier and then they will tell me what to do.

So its likely to be at least 2-3 weeks while this thing gets resolved. Sh*tty customer service if you ask me.

If you buy a laptop from Dell and it doesn't turn on, they don't tell you to wait while they contact Intel on what to do. They take the unit back.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 164 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That sucks. I had good luck with them ordering my kegerator. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You need to start squeaking a lot more.

_

Old 03-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Not trying to be a jerk, but Dell makes the computers, Beverage Factory doesn't make the Haier Kegerator.

I still think it is ****ty customer service, they need to stand by the products they sell, they can easily send the unit back to Haier for credit ,and supply you with a new one, my guess is they don't want to have to pay shipping for you to send it to them, and then shipping to send it back to Haier, but then again, Haier should take care of the shipping from BF to them, and BF should take care of shipping from you to them.

Also something to think about, maybe BF had it drop-shipped directly from Haier, regardless they sold the item to you, so ultimately they are responsible.

Hopefully they will take care of you and you'll be singing a different tune in a week or two, otherwise, I hope you used your credit card at least you can dispute the charge if necessary.

Good Luck!

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

Old 03-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
Malticulous
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Did you contact Haier? They might send a repair guy over to fix it.

I think I'll have another pint of this highly flawed beer because it's so damned good.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

This is why I prefer to get things like this via Amazon... I got my current TV from them... When the first arrived, it ran for about 15 minutes, then died... Got a hold of them (entered my number in their page, they called within a couple of minutes) and they sent out a replacement right away. They also issued the pickup of the first one (same time)... The people delivering the TV brought it into my apartment and even set it up for me (they didn't the first time, so I mentioned it to the person from Amazon, they did it the second time)...

I would call back BF and start moving up the food chain... Keep going until you get someone that sends you the replacement and picks up the defective unit... OR get a full refund and have them issue a pickup of the bad one. No reason why you should have to wait WEEKS for them to tell you what they'll do to resolve the issue.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 03-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Bitterbrush
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I had a similar experience with Beverage Factory. They are all good until you have a problem, then they fall asleep or something. I even bugged them and still very slow to get replies. I went to the manufacture (Taprite) with my problem and got instant results. Try contacting Haier directly and tell them about your problem.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 428 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I had something similar happen with a tower I got from them. One of the shank nuts was stripped and it was like pulling teeth to get them to stick one in an envelope and send it to me. I mean we are talking about a $.25 part at most plus USPS postage.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
Brandonovich
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

This is why it is better to buy large or expensive items from a local supplier. Anyone you can stand eye to eye with will take care of you, and you'd be all set by now. Vote with your wallet and don't give your money to companies that can ignore you. You pay a little more here and there, but you get what you pay for.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #9
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonovich View Post
This is why it is better to buy large or expensive items from a local supplier. Anyone you can stand eye to eye with will take care of you, and you'd be all set by now. Vote with your wallet and don't give your money to companies that can ignore you. You pay a little more here and there, but you get what you pay for.
Third option, build it yourself, and customize it to your specifications, might not get the instant gratification, but you will have a truly awesome item in which every time you pull the tap handle and pur a pint, you can think to yourself, "I made this!"

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

Old 03-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #10
acslater55
Recipes 

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to share my experience and give back a little since this forum has been so good to me. I can definitely say that I will never ever ever buy from them again, and I likely would have if this had not happened. I typically buy from local stores, but the price on this thing was too good to ignore and I thought I would roll the dice. I just encourage anyone else who is considering buying from beveragefactory.com to think twice.

If anyone who works at Beverage Factory reads this thread you better tighten it up.

Quick Reply