Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Who's smoking meat this weekend?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #341
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 782 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy
Last week I did another round of ABTs for a party, but someone else had brought some smoked chicken wings to that party that were pretty tasty, so I think I will try that this weekend. Maybe I will make up a hot sauce to toss them in, too.

Oh and I am going to do a brisket pretty soon too. I have next week off so maybe sometime Monday or something.
Wings are awesome on the smoker. I make them quite often for something quick. Yeah, make a sauce. Mmmmm.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #342
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Im smoking 4 butts and a bunch of chicken for the family tomorrow. Might make some ABT's as well.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #343
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm doing a pastrami and some bacon this weekend.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Old 07-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #344
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarven_stout
I'm doing a pastrami and some bacon this weekend.
My brother did a venison pastrami once. It was great. What meat are you using and what's your method?

Old 07-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #345
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
My brother did a venison pastrami once. It was great. What meat are you using and what's your method?
Beef brisket. Venison sounds really good though!

I brine it for 3-4 days with the standard salt/brown sugar/pink salt and pickling spices + allspice and crushed red pepper. Then I cover it in cracked pepper and coriander and wrap it up in plastic overnight before smoking. I just have a Weber, so I stop up all the bottom vents and use the biggest piece of lump charcoal I can find, with a pie tin full of cherry chips on top. Works pretty well- I can usually keep it about 225 degrees with good smoke. I can't wait to build an actual smoker though.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Old 07-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #346
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarven_stout

I brine it for 3-4 days with the standard salt/brown sugar/pink salt and pickling spices + allspice and crushed red pepper. Then I cover it in cracked pepper and coriander and wrap it up in plastic overnight before smoking. I just have a Weber, so I stop up all the bottom vents and use the biggest piece of lump charcoal I can find, with a pie tin full of cherry chips on top. Works pretty well- I can usually keep it about 225 degrees with good smoke. I can't wait to build an actual smoker though.
Sounds like my next project. Post some pics when she's done!

Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #347
FromZwolle
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarven_stout View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Sounds like my next project. Post some pics when she's done!
i buy the corned beef briskets. it's prebrined to a nice level. from there the process is the same. i would like to go through the process, but the corned briskets are way cheaper, and half the work.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #348
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromZwolle View Post
i buy the corned beef briskets. it's prebrined to a nice level. from there the process is the same. i would like to go through the process, but the corned briskets are way cheaper, and half the work.
I get the brisket every time it goes on sale at the local resteraunt supply place. $1.99 for Choice-grade Angus is fine by me, and it's less fatty than getting the $1.49 corned beef at the post-St. Patty's sale. I always split the brisket and make corned beef from the flat and pastrami from the point.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #349
toolboxdiver
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

doing 4 racks of St Louis Cut Ribs with all the enders just got done rubbing them down with my magic dust and they will go into the smoker about 9 tomorrow morning

Old 07-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #350
Pabst Blue Robot

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

4 racks of spare ribs, 4 half chickens, and a butt load of poppers.

img_2611-8x6.jpg  

Quick Reply