Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Who is smoking what on this Labor Day?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #51
SVBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I've decided that since the McRib is out Im going to take a shot at making my own.

I figure I'll do 3 hours in the smoke and 2 in foil to over cook it so the bones literally fall out. Then cut to bun size, dunk in my sauce and top with onions and a few pickle slices.

Of course since the WSM is fired up I might as well put a shoulder on as well the night before. I'll be brewing a Southern English Brown Ale that morning as well

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #52
FromZwolle
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVBrew View Post
I've decided that since the McRib is out Im going to take a shot at making my own.

I figure I'll do 3 hours in the smoke and 2 in foil to over cook it so the bones literally fall out. Then cut to bun size, dunk in my sauce and top with onions and a few pickle slices.

Of course since the WSM is fired up I might as well put a shoulder on as well the night before. I'll be brewing a Southern English Brown Ale that morning as well
i took the rib trimmings/ends and ran it through the grinder. then i grilled it up like a burger and slathered with sauce. it was delicious.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:04 AM   #53
SVBrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromZwolle View Post
i took the rib trimmings/ends and ran it through the grinder. then i grilled it up like a burger and slathered with sauce. it was delicious.
Im going for something along these lines. Cut to fit the bread I get
dsc04122.jpg  

Old 11-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #54
JoeyChopps
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 188 Posts

Damn the spam fairy is out in full bloom this morning

Quick Reply