Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Stovetop smoking...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #11
1305brew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I like that lobster pot idea with dry chips. Would work for the fish but for chicken would would really want to soak the chips to add a little more humidity to the pot since the chicken will take much longer.

I dig those electric alto shams for the ease but I don't think you really get as much flavor from them. I see them as the microwaves of the smoker world.

Next time I'll go for the lobster pot with a suspended rack and see where I end up. Like he said, fine tuning!!!

Happy cooking (and brewing)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
carlisle_bob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1305brew View Post
I like that lobster pot idea with dry chips. Would work for the fish but for chicken would would really want to soak the chips to add a little more humidity to the pot since the chicken will take much longer.

I dig those electric alto shams for the ease but I don't think you really get as much flavor from them. I see them as the microwaves of the smoker world.

Next time I'll go for the lobster pot with a suspended rack and see where I end up. Like he said, fine tuning!!!

Happy cooking (and brewing)
Hi

Low and slow with the heat on the pot - unless you have a really heavy one, it's not designed to take a lot of heat without being full of water.

Bob

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply