Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > So I'm thinking Dried cured beef....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3006 Times on 2959 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I wish I had posted the write up I'm working on before you ran out and got all that stuff. I've come up with a unique curing chamber idea, and was waiting for something to come in from Amazon before I put the thread together. I hope you didn't spend a lot on the humidifier buddy, my design uses a desk top one from walgreens that cost about 20 bucks.
I am always looking for new ideas. Did you ever post this and I just missed it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2799 Times on 1672 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
I am always looking for new ideas. Did you ever post this and I just missed it?
I didn't do a formal write up with a parts list, but show pics in THIS Thread from the weekend.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
ThickHead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
bresola is done curring so I figured I'd post a update...

rinsed down, patted dry, brought up to room temp, tied and ready to hang....

Hanging in The Meat Corner... humidity is a bit low today (can only get it to 55% atm) BUT it is a whopping 2 degrees out at the time of posting as well.....

Thinking I may have to take advantage of the couple cool months I have yet and get a salami or 2 and some peperoni going.
I love what you are doing here man....but the background clutter in your photos is kind of putting me off. Nothing says flavor like windshield washer fluid (or whatever that blue liquid is in the bottle). And nothing says fresh like a sewage connection.

Chad

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #14
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

the "windshield washer fluid" is Dawn dish soap since I'm working at my kitchen sink. Notice the vegetable brush, coffee pot and SINK also in the background)
the "sewage connection" is the discharge pipe for my sump since I use the corner of my basement that has the highest humidity and is also the source for the cleanest highly filtered water (rain water filtered through 8-10 feet of clay and sand) I can get my hands on.

know your Twain

Johnnyhitch1 Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 AM   #15
ThickHead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
the "windshield washer fluid" is Dawn dish soap since I'm working at my kitchen sink. Notice the vegetable brush, coffee pot and SINK also in the background)
the "sewage connection" is the discharge pipe for my sump since I use the corner of my basement that has the highest humidity and is also the source for the cleanest highly filtered water (rain water filtered through 8-10 feet of clay and sand) I can get my hands on.

know your Twain
I guess you missed the ""
Relax, I really was only teasin', bro. Believe me....I'm envious. I can't seem to do what you did without thinking I need to import some rare Tuscan cave. You're doin' it....and meanwhile I am still considering. Well done.

Chad

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHead View Post
I guess you missed the ""
Relax, I really was only teasin', bro. Believe me....I'm envious. I can't seem to do what you did without thinking I need to import some rare Tuscan cave. You're doin' it....and meanwhile I am still considering. Well done.
Didja look at my link in the last post of mine? You don't need a tuscan cave, you just need a few things readily available and a cool space...OR you can move the stuff I used and wire up a fridge with the addition of an ebay temp controller.

My setup is in post nine of that thread.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
ThickHead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Didja look at my link in the last post of mine? You don't need a tuscan cave, you just need a few things readily available and a cool space...OR you can move the stuff I used and wire up a fridge with the addition of an ebay temp controller.

My setup is in post nine of that thread.
Yup....I saw it. Very well done! I love the cold smoker set-up. With my space limitation my current plan is to shore up my beer pipeline and install a simple set-up in my fermentation cabinet to also control humidity for curing. Something like this:

http://curedmeats.blogspot.com/2007/...g-chamber.html

Chad

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

according to my scale the bresola is done... My mouth and belly agree

Wish I could get some better lighting BUT when I use a flash it gives a alien/ghoulish blue-green reflection that kinda creeped me out

Thinking capicola is next. Gonna pick up a bung and some heritage pork shoulder tomorrow (if I'm not working).

People Like This 
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
Revvy

Recipes 

Looks Awesome!!!! I just cold smoked a panchetta that I cured in oregano, garlic and paprika and threw that in there. Everything else I made is ready, and is delicious. I've got some belly, I think I'm gonna make some more Maple Bourbon Bacon.

Johnnyhitch1 Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
ThickHead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
I've got some belly, I think I'm gonna make some more Maple Bourbon Bacon.
The last batch didn't hang around very long then?

Chad

-Abraham Lincoln

Quick Reply