The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Smoked Pork Butt- Hour 5

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
DirtyOldDuck
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthesisError View Post
That's a beast of a smoker... Looks like you could fit half of a hog in that thing.
I's a great smoker. My FIL had two of them down at his shop that he and his buddies used for years to make jerky after hunting season. I told him that if he ever decided to get rid of them, I would buy one. One day he showed up at the house and told me to help him unload it.

The bottom of the smoker is open so I built a stand two cinder block layers high and put a grate across the hole before setting the smoker on it. The smoker itself is two sections, each with its own door so you can tend the coals without opening the main section with the meat. For long cooks I can remove the coal pan and insrt of propane burner if I want. The main section has 5 removable racks so you can fit a lot of meat or whatever in it. I usually put a large water pan on the bottom shelf and cook on the top one or two. Once heated up, it is very easy to hold temp around 250.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply