Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > New house new grill.....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #21
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2998 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by integrator View Post
My buddy has a BGE, and that thing is amazing. And I'll be honest, I never thought they were that special, and way overpriced - until I ate some of the food off of it.....
You really can't credit the grill for good food too much. Just buying a great grill/smoker/whatever will not just automatically make your food better. While it might make it easier for you to produce quality eats, you still need to know what you are doing and be good at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #22
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a weber gold one touch and so far its working out really well as a smoker. Eventually I'll build me a UDS though

Old 01-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #23
Morbo
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We'll after much thought and wandering of aisles I've decided what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna pull the trigger on a decent gas grill and pick up one of the famed el cheapo Brinkman smokers. I think I'll have fun modding it anyways. Thanks for all the advice guys. A BGE was tempting but about $300-400 out of my budget. Gas grills are just too cheap to pass up right now. Maybe an UDS will be in my future....

"May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Old 01-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #24
Myrdhyn
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I inherited a cast-iron offset smoker from my Dad b/c Mom didn't want two grills on their nice new deck, and he didn't have other space for it. So I went with a very nice gas grill. My choice for gas grill after much research and cooking on several different ones: the Charbroil Red. A very close second choice would be a Weber Genesis; however, for my money the Charbroil Red is just > < much better of a gas grill.

The combo of a premium gas grill and an offset smoker with a few tweaks has done me very well. Speaking of which, it's about time to plan a BBQ/smoke session...been a bit too long.

Left tap: Myrd's IPA
Right tap: Heffeweizen
Kegged: Blimey's ESB, Apfelwein, Ed's Haus Pale Ale
Fermenting: Air, but soon to be Ode-to-Arthur and more Apfelwein.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #25
blusmoke
UnDude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

A huge +1 on the Big Green Egg! It is the do all daddy of the backyard cookers. I have yet to screw anything up on this badboy. It will outlast the next several gas grills you purchase. It takes about 10 min to get this thing up to cooking temp. It will cruise all day long at 250 if you wish to bbq (almost boring to cook on) or sear steaks at 650 in a snap. We have done pizza, bread, cedar plank salmon, brisket, butts and it has all come out good. You will not regret it.
You can check out the www.nakedwhiz.com or the BGE forum. Freds Music and BBQ supply is another good link.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #26
buffalobrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

another happy egger here. Well worth the money as it will last a long time.

You start with a full bag of luck and a empty bag of experience, your goal is to fill the bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck

Quick Reply